Media Link HD Audio Sync Issues

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I picked up an HTC media link HD along with my EVO LTE. It was sort of a spur-of-the-moment add on, but I got it so that I could rent videos from google play and watch them on my TV. At first the video and audio was very choppy, so I upgraded my wifi router to a very high end router (which I was planning on doing anyway, so this gave me a good excuse). That fixed the choppiness, but the audio lags slightly behind the video, so there is enough a a voice sync issue to make movies unwatchable.

The video quality itself is amazing, but this one slight problem is enough that I plan to return the Media link if I can't fix it. I called HTC, and they didn't have any advice for me, except to say that they haven't heard of others having this issue.

Another issue I am having is that when I rent movies from google play, they don't play on the TV, I just get a placeholder image, like the video is trying to play, but doesn't. I can watch tailors fine. This is not that much of an issue, because I can watch movies using HTC watch, and they work fine.

Is anyone else experiencing playback issues, especially the audio sync issue? Has anyone stumbled across a fix? If not, I will be returning the media link. It's so close to be amazing. So close, yet so far.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I took mine back (media link adapter) it wasn't working for me either and for $90.00 they charged me , they can shove it...:D

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

Reactions: craigwann

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Cisco Linksys EA4500 N900 duel band with gigabit and usb. It's working perfectly so far. Great range and signal through walls. It even had an android app that let's you change passwords, manage guest access, manage parental controls, and reset your router from your phone. You can also hook printers and harddrives through USB, but I haven't tried yet. It cost 169. So far so good...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: japclev

craigwann

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I think I decided I'm going to go ahead and take the Media Link back. It's just too much trouble for the price. I can take the 80 bucks and put it towards a roku or blueray with google tv and have the easy movie rentals I'm looking for. Sad. It's so close to working!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Reactions: Mercury81

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non