HTC sense is the problem for this phone period

JUNGLEDROID350

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
After playing with my new evo for a week now, I can see that HTC sense is not fully ready to take on the HP the evo deliver its having a V8 engine with a V6 transmission and read end. I hope people can understand that . This phone need a critical update period . I mean how come the x-ONE with quad cores get less performance then a dual cores evo. Both phone need update.
Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

digmys

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
After playing with my new evo for a week now, I can see that HTC sense is not fully ready to take on the HP the evo deliver its having a V8 engine with a V6 transmission and read end. I hope people can understand that . This phone need a critical update period . I mean how come the x-ONE with quad cores get less performance then a dual cores evo. Both phone need update.

Unfortunately, I do not think anyone will understand very much of your post :confused:

Starfleet Captain

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'll try to translate:

After playing with my new Evo for a week now, I can see that HTC Sense is not fully ready. The Evo is like having a V8 transmission in a car with a transmission designed for a V6 engine. I hope people can understand that comparison. This phone needs a critical update, PERIOD. I mean, how come the One X, with quad core processors perform less than the Evo, which only has Dual Core processors? Both phones need to be updated.

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you reading the correct manual? v8 & V6 engine..... Look for one that says ICS 4.0.:D

from Evo4GLTE on Android Central

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
No actually that doesn't make any sense, there's a bunch of cars that have completely different engines, specially trucks, that still use the same exact transmissions.

Sources: 10 yr plus experience as a ase master certified technician. Nice try tho

Reactions: Wiley_11

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I mean how come the [International model] x-ONE with quad cores get less performance then a dual cores evo.

Because the dual core S4 is a much better (more efficient, faster core speed, more modern) chip than the Tegra 3.... there is no need for any update to fix THAT.

celticking

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I see what they're saying. The hardware of the phone is great (v8) while the software holds it back (v6). And, I agree. I like sense but judging by the default ram usage, it uses way too much. I went with the evo because of good hardware and solid build. Software can be replaced. Hardware and build cannot.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
As terribad as their English was, they were right. My biggest gripe with this phone is the Multitasking issue, which is because of sense. Also, most people wouldnt complain about the 1 gb or RAM if it wasnt for HTC Sense. I never had the problem of HTC Sense reloading on me, but many people have. Sense looks really good this year, but it really does bog the phone down.

bgesullo

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Sense 4.0 is pretty good in my book. It is my favorite UI out there and I think it works pretty well with Android 4.0. However an improvement is always welcomed
Sent from my New HTC Evo 4G LTE

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

I agree with you, this phone definitely needs an update asap, it is laggy n has a few bugs the most annoying one for me is that my WiFi always disconnects n then reconnects. My old galaxy s2 is smoother than this phone. But I have faith HTC will fix most of these issues

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
OK, I'll try to translate:

After playing with my new Evo for a week now, I can see that HTC Sense is not fully ready. The Evo is like having a V8 transmission in a car with a transmission designed for a V6 engine. I hope people can understand that comparison. This phone needs a critical update, PERIOD. I mean, how come the One X, with quad core processors perform less than the Evo, which only has Dual Core processors? Both phones need to be updated.

I appreciate you doing that. That was extremely thoughtful of you.

Nreeldeep

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I speak French and beside I'm at work trying to right this , didn't have time to correct it.

You did very well. Obviously you have a good grasp of the English language. I wonder how many in here are fluent in another language.
I enjoyed your clever use of metaphor.
Just remember, everyone on these message boards aren't mature adults. You have to learn to ignore them. They're not happy or emotionally well adjusted.

Reactions: Kamin

Saneless

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious.. when people say they "like sense" what do they mean exactly? Launcher? All the other crud besides the launcher?

The launcher is garbage IMO, and the rest of it is forgettable. The recent apps change though stinks, since it's less usable than stock (1 screen visible vs 4 on stock).

bntran02

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
1) Yes sense needs an update to make things smoother overall. I like Sense a whole lot. Just not the lag. If they can fix that then it would be a real winner
2) Core count, clock speeds, etc... is irrelevant. What matters is bottom line performance and the Krait dual processor is better than the quad core tegra 3 in almost every way