Lost my dialer

mtdewed

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I have an Evo 4g Lte, that I only use as a wifi device. Cellular isn't activated on it. Anyway ... I removed the Dialer from the homepage, thinking I could always replace it from the apps or whatever. The problem is ... I used the dialer to turn off the cell radio, by dialng *#*#4636#*#* ... But after actually powering down the device. I turned it back on and the cell radio is back on. I expected that part. But now I don't have access to the dialer.

The only thing I can think of at this point is a factory reset.

Any ideas?

mtdewed

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I'm not rooted. I tried QuickShortcutMaker. It did make the shortcut, complete with the right icon. But when I tried it, all I got was an error message. Thanks for the suggestion though. I never heard of that one.

Looks like I'll have to do a factory reset. I was hoping to get around it.

Vysse

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm not rooted. I tried QuickShortcutMaker. It did make the shortcut, complete with the right icon. But when I tried it, all I got was an error message. Thanks for the suggestion though. I never heard of that one.

Looks like I'll have to do a factory reset. I was hoping to get around it.

Screenshot the error

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii89/Dewed/Screenshot_2012-08-18-09-25-51.png

I removed it by holding and sliding the dialer up to (Remove) at the top of the screen. I thought that would just remove the shortcut. But I'm starting to think it actually deleted the dialer.

Go into settings - apps - all apps
And find all apps/processes with dialer or phone in the name and click on them to make sure that none of them are disabled.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

mtdewed

May 7, 2012
Visit site
In Settings - Apps - All ... Both Phone and Dialer are enabled and running.

I tried the quick shortcut maker, which found quite a few things to link to. But all of them either came up with that same error, or said ... Sorry, you can not launch this activity from this app.

mtdewed

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Turns out I had the People app disabled, which in turn disabled the phone. Cause now my Phone app is back. Also, I used QuickShortcutMaker to go straight to that info screen. Which saves a lot of dialing.

Anyway, Thanks for your help everyone. I really appreciate it :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38