Problems With Pixel 7 Google Phone Dialer App

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Today I had to call my bank about a credit card issue. I entered my 16 digit card #, then it asked for my zip code. However once I was beyond the CC #, the app would not recognize any digits I entered and on t he screen I saw totally different numbers than what I had entered. This happened a couple times last week also.
I cleared the app cache and was then able to enter all of the required info. However, on the screen I was never able to see all of the digits I entered.
Prior to the last couple weeks, I never encountered this problem. I'm not sure if the last app update caused this, but whatever is causing this hot mess needs to be fixed.
From day 1 I have never liked when you receive a call and are holding your phone, that all you get to answer it is a tiny block on top of the screen. Google in their infinite wisdom doesn't give you an option to have a full answering screen.
Have any of you encountered the data entry problem and if so, what did you do to fix it?
What other phone dialer apps are a good alternative to this poor excuse for a phone dialer?

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Hmm, I'm not experiencing this issue currently but I have in the past. Can you enter the information via voice instead of pressing the digits?
I haven't tried voice. I will try it later.
This is a phone 1st. The dialer should work with no problems. This is the 1st phone I have ever had a problem with the basic phone function.

HyperM3

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
I haven't tried voice. I will try it later.
This is a phone 1st. The dialer should work with no problems. This is the 1st phone I have ever had a problem with the basic phone function.
I mean, I get it, but these things are being updated all the time in order to work with everything else on the phone. It's literally evolving all the time. You want something that will work seamlessly without issues, get an old school dumb flip phone that just makes calls. The only way to ensure nothing ever stops working properly.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Yep the Google phone app is pretty complicated since it adds whatever level of automatic call screening you choose, plus the hold for me feature, and whatever else I'm forgetting lol. I didn't have any issues on my Pixel the last time I used it... I actually love the features, but that was a couple months ago.

Maybe uninstall the latest update?

johnts

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I cleared the data and did a force stop. I entered card data fine. However, when you start keying zip and last 4 digits of the SSN, you can only see the 1st couple digits of the zip. The characters aren't moving to the left so you can see what you are entering.
I was able to get through the menu options, but some piece of code is broke.
It was mentioned to roll back to the previous version. How do I do that?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I cleared the data and did a force stop. I entered card data fine. However, when you start keying zip and last 4 digits of the SSN, you can only see the 1st couple digits of the zip. The characters aren't moving to the left so you can see what you are entering.
I was able to get through the menu options, but some piece of code is broke.
It was mentioned to roll back to the previous version. How do I do that?
Long press the dialer app then tap info>upper right corner tap 3 dots and uninstall the update

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali