Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen

The title says it all. My browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen. I have had the phone for about 6 weeks and software is up to date. The problem just started yesterday. Doesn't seem to be any particular web pages that make it happen. Any thoughts?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen

Thanks but that has been tried a few times but it didn't help. I downloaded Dolphin Browser and it doesn't happen. Strange???

Just to be clear you did a full restart right? Not just power off and on when fast boot is enabled. Try going into app management for it and clear the cache. If that doesn't work then clear data too. And make sure it's completely closed first.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yep. Tried full power off. I don't use fast boot. Tried the simulated battery pull. Cleared the cache and the data. Sometimes it happens as soon as I get to my homepage and other times it might be a few minutes into browsing. Doesn't seem to be any particular pages that causes it. Also, when it happens there is no force close notification. Just jumps back to the phones home screen as if I had hit the home button. Most of the time if I hit the internet icon again it will reload where it left off at.

Mine has been doing that since before the update.

Mine also was doing this Same thing.

Still does it too!!!

Mine has been doing this for 2 weeks now. I just installed the upgrade a few days ago. It is still doing it. Trying to research best Android tablet to buy my 13 year old son for school and I am close to smashing this phone to bits. This phone has sucked since I have had it..over 3 months now. Sprint is zero help. HTC is more help (regarding dropped mobile / data connection) but that still flakes too. Anyway..anybody know the fix for the latest browser / websites closing issue, how to keep mobile connection ON, or best Android tablet for son (around 300.00 & used is okay). Would appreciate it!

Both sprint and WiFi... I'm really frustrated by it!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Are you on WiFi when it happens?

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    I'm always on Wi-Fi. Network is too slow to browse without being on Wi-Fi
    Zookeeper63 likes this.

My browser just closed 3 times back to back. Has happened probably 6-8 times just today alone. Literally about to smash this phone and turn into a puzzle....

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Could be a problem with the router! My internet works perfect!

Sent From My EVO 4G LTE!
    Doubt it, it's my work router (Lowes). Never had this problem until about a week or two ago. My home router is also not the problem. Laptops and all other wireless toys are working without issues.

Mine recently started doing this also and it is frequent.... And now the latest update messed up my individual ringtones which I rely on to know who is calling without looking at the screen. The Phone also lags. I hate to admit it but I think this phone has been a disappointment

I can confirm that both my HTC one x phones are closing default internet browser on there own. One with the update and the other without update . This is really strange

I'm having the exact same problem just got my phone last wk out of the box no problems then the next day Sprint sent an update that's when the problem started. Then I updated the phone again with newest update still the browser keeps closing on its own . I've tried all the recommendations above nothing works. Still happens

Global Posts
    97 Global Posts

When I first got my ELTE I had this happen when I would go to pages with a lot of pictures especially animated .gifs. It's like the browser would just say "ah it, I'm out" and close on me. No error message, just close out. I started using Chrome and haven't looked back since.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Yea my phone rarely did this, up until this week it's been every site practically, even something little like the mobile Wikipedia site. Hmm wonder what's up

Any one have an idea why all of a sudden this has started to happen

Pretty funny I was just going to post a thread about this and saw that I'm not the only one. It foesnt matter what site Im on but it always does this. It's pissing me off

Mine is doing the same thing and It's frustrating. Tried everything mentioned and nothing fixes it. Emails to HTC have yet to be answered. Hate to say it but I should have gotten the galaxy S3, my friend has not had any problems worth her S3.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

I usually say whenever there's been unexpected issues with any phone, such as this one, an update has already been cooked up and is coming out the oven. Wishful thinking

Same issues on mine and my wife's EVO LTE. Help! ( very frustrating!)

It use to happen before the previous update which was reported to contain a fix for it but in actuality, it got worst. The only fix I found to work is not to browse in desktop view. I found it to work in mobile view but that sucks as a lot of the sites I visit don't allow mobile view. Come on HTC.

I'm having the same problem but I though it was a problem with the Rom I am running. I got with the dev he said he don't use the stock browser so he doesn't know if it happens. sounds like most of you all are stock unrooted so it has to be something with the latest 2.13 update.
    padre1357 likes this.

ROM
    Stock

Exact same problem here! Yahoo, Google and even sprint.com close. No FC messages or anything else. Only the stock browser does it, though, not Dolphin. All of this has been since the last update. And after the update I did a factory reset, so I haven't re-installed Chrome.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast