Look for "Download Manager"

If its disabled, enable it.

If its enabled (my case) then:
1. Disable it
2. Clear its data
3. Reboot
4. Enable it again
5. Reboot.

Thank you! Fixed this issue on my optimus 4X and SGS 3 :)

Mike Pesci

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Why do u guys need to post about how its happening to u too. It's happening. That's what counts. Now I have to scroll through all of u sayin the same thing to see if there was ever an answer. Wtf

Amazewonder

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Hope this helps you . it helped me resolve the problem. I uninstalled the last app I installed and the browser working perfectly all right again. Good luck with identifying the app and uninstalling it to fix your browser issue

oneilxda

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
I think I found a solution for this issue. The exact same thing happens to me on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10". After looking a lot for a solution with no success I hooked up the tablet to my development environment to analyze the logs when the error occurs. Apparently there is a problem with com.google.process.gapps which is an Android OS process.

The solution:

Go to Apps management screen
Swipe to ALL APPS
Look for "Download Manager"

If its disabled, enable it.

If its enabled (my case) then:
1. Disable it
2. Clear its data
3. Reboot
4. Enable it again
5. Reboot.

I hope this helps someone.

In my app manager in the app it says disable but it can't turn on

oneilxda

Jan 3, 2016
Visit site
It really seems like the problem is in download manager if you can disable and enable it you can try clear data and restart it works so far for me

Carol Farmer

May 24, 2017
Visit site
My lg phone does this as well. Especially when I'm on the phone. It's very annoying especially when you are on an important call. I've been going all through the phone looking for a setting or something. it seems likke it will let you talk for about 20 minutes and then you hear that little bell sound and its gone no warning! Also i tried to root this phone it wouldn't do it. Any NEW suggestions would be wonderful because I'm ready to smash this phone!!
I miss my Motorola !

Teresa Waters2

Nov 23, 2017
Visit site
Any one have an idea why all of a sudden this has started to happen
Thinking it is the touchscreen. All the phone manufacturers use same products to make their phones, so would impact all brands. I have Samsung with ATT - has done this for a year - so discouraging. ATT was their usual no help, of course.
Has anyone found a solution? I find it most frustrating when trying to text.