Missed call notification

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys. I seem to have a bug. This started happening since I installed a game named; Dungeon Villages. Anyway... Onward to my issue. Whenever I have a call missed, the icon phone shows 1 missed call. I clear my notification and the 1 missed call still shows on my icon. I checked all notification cleared, click onto the icon sending me to the call log and nothing. Still shows missed. Only way to clear it is a reset. Phone signals me there was an error and sends message to HTC. You guys know what might the problem or could it possibly be the game? (I highly doubt that). Thank you for your help.

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
I just had the same thing happen a second time...thinking the first time was just nothing. I dont know for sure but I have a feeling it has something to do with the last update to fix the default ring tone issue. Did you install this update as well?

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I do have the recent update (customized ring tone) installed.
Not a major problem, but it is an annoying issue.

Update: Another posting suggested I go into Applications and search the phone icon, clear the cache. That seem to work. I've tried duplicating the issue and no longer existent.

Last edited:

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Bump to the top.

Hey guys. I'm still having the issue to my phone. Think it might be a software problem or some thing else?

sonny1223

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the same issue, I tried the cache clearing, still having the same issue.
Any tips on this to fix would be appreciated.

UPDATE: I tried the cache clearing again. The first time I didn't restart my phone like I was supposed to, this time I did and haven't had any further issues, clearing the phone icon cache seems to work. Have had several missed calls since and am able to erase notification. I'll keep you posted if it comes back.
Thanks HULKchampion on the tip.

Last edited:

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow! I thought I was the only one experiencing this since no one was replying. Hopefully an answer will be given. Really annoying having to reset the phone whenever this issue happens.

mhajii210

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I too am having this bug appear from time to time. It definitely started after the last OTA software update for me. What cache are you guys clearing? The cache is empty for me on both the dialer app and the phone app. Do you guys mean data? Are you talking about clearing the data? I just cleared my call history. I'll let you guys know if that did anything. Otherwise, if you find a temporary solution that doesn't involve restarting the phone, let me know. Thanks for reporting this!

mhajii210

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I too am having this bug appear from time to time. It definitely started after the last OTA software update for me. What cache are you guys clearing? The cache is empty for me on both the dialer app and the phone app. Do you guys mean data? Are you talking about clearing the data? I just cleared my call history. I'll let you guys know if that did anything. Otherwise, if you find a temporary solution that doesn't involve restarting the phone, let me know. Thanks for reporting this!

mhajii210

look in the play store for "cache cleaner +". it cleans out old app data, such as browser data, facebook, soundhound, etc...

HULKchampion

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
I use an app cache cleaning program. I have it set to clearing the phone every 4 hours. Either way... that didn't matter. I spoken with a Sprint store manager and during the conversation. He told me it's a known issue. He called another service store in case there might've been a fix he didn't know about. The tech rep replied with hard reset. I didn't want to do it, but either way I did. Everything is working 100% (for now). Manager told me if the phone acts up again, come back to him and he'll give me a new phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87