Video mail help

imex99

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've had the OG evo, 3d and now lte.

How do I send videos through text messages? It's a short video, under 20 seconds. I trimmed it to be short(video of my 3 month old laughing). I watch my father in-law with his iPhone, take a video and then text it. Just like our phone can compresses pictures, the iPhone compresses his videos.

My video is 9mb now, if can compress and send via sms.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Android, or at least the stock camera app, won't compress/re-encode existing videos to make them small enough for MMS.

You can shoot the video at the MMS resolution on the phone at something like 176x144, but then of course it will look like garbage on any device made in the last seven years. The next simplest option would be to email the larger video. Of course that comes with potential as sending files that large from a mobile can be a pain for both ends.

Another option would be to create a YouTube Page and upload the videos there. That's at least easier on the recipient as they have the option of how much bandwidth is needed to view the videos.

It kind of sucks, but not much you can do about it as the capabilities of devices have far exceeded what the MMS can handle. Even the average photo now is too large for MMS, let along video.