Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

Wallet worked fine for me before the update. The update fixed ringers but left me with broken contacts, dialer, messaging, caller id... And was subsequently pulled for a reason. If 4.1.1. does the same I will run over this phone with my car. I'll give up ringers all together and my phone can play Justin beiber every time someone calls if everything else is functional.

My phone is worse than the day I bought it because of HTC. So this talk of every phone has issues and I have a high tolerance blah blah blah is crap as far as I'm concerned

I think what is being said is since some of our phones don't have the issues yours have that doesn't make our tolerance level any different then yours it just says we don't have the issues so we are not as upset.

Ice

ncfanboy

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site

But I don't think people should have their disappointment discounted just because no one ever said the Evo would get Jelly Bean. I think if Sprint were a little more forthcoming with information, people would probably be less annoyed. My suspicion is that there are some serious problems with the Evo that would require some refunds if Sprint or HTC told us what is going on (I base that on the LTE-issues documented by s4gru.com and that I definitely have on both my new Evo and the Evo I ordered on launch day, the contacts related issues, and the network connection issues). I could also just be jumping at shadows.

I'm beginning to think that the phone is not fixable when it comes to the LTE issues

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I think what is being said is since some of our phones don't have the issues yours have that doesn't make our tolerance level any different then yours it just says we don't have the issues so we are not as upset.

Ice

Whether you have issues or not this phone is a disappointment. HTC pretty much released this phone then let it die. The evo has been unadvertised and unsupported. For any small fixes the last update may have contained it caused way more problems for many, not all, but many. It has been clear that the "one" series phones are what HTC cares about (at least when it comes to android). They went out of their way to confirm jb for everything but us, it's a joke at this point

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

We will see when the update hits.

They pulled the last update because of how bad it was and haven't even come out with so much as a press release since. And so far "the update" is just a product of a forum and nothing more. I would love to be proven wrong and HTC has something amazing up their sleeves but at this point I wouldn't advise holding your breath

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site

I really like the syncing aspect. I'll look up a recipe on my laptop and then take my tablet into the kitchen and use that to cook from. Doing a research project on a school computer, coming home when it's time to write and just looking up what the source was instead of sending myself emails that clog up my inbox. Or bookmarking all my internet resources and having those bookmarks anywhere I go. The convenience is incredible for me, it's like I have the same computer no matter where I go. I also like the tabs and the speed of chrome.

Meh. You can Sync your bookmarks/research using Firefox also. And unlike Chome, Firefox supports Flash, is community-driven, has Adblock, and contains no Google quasi-spyware in it. But like Chrome it is fast, modern, flexible, and multiplatform.

Choice is good.

dskwerl

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

Thank you very much for the reply. I think I am going to check it out. Someone mentioned that it will ask you if you want full or mobile page is available, and I think I like that as well rather than just choosing to always use one.

Now off topic question 2. I had a Google + account a while ago. I had it set to a private setting, yet if I typed my name in google it would show up with my google + account. Is there a way to have one, but to not have it show up at all in a search? If there is a way, I will create a new account. I am not a fan at all of Facebook and wasn't in love with Google +, but I am willing to give it another shot because it seems to have come a long way since it first came out.

If you are logged into your Google account, then search for yourself, you will see the results because you have permissions for your own content. I noticed that once and was concerned. Then it occurred to me that I was logged into my Google account when I did it.

Try logging out of your account, then search for yourself. If you see content you shouldn't, then there may be an issue.

gpdaddy95

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The phone was never "left to die". The very fact that they are working on an update negates that statement. sprint is updating their phones in a methodical, and deliberate manner. The One X got done earlier because HTC could update the one series with one update that affected several phones. Same with the SIII. The EVO Is a fine phone...as good as any sold at the same time.

You bought this phone with ICS and presumably liked it. You're having issues with it because its no longer performing like new and because the last update was rushed causing issues for some. Your options are to either replace the phone, get a different brand or wait. ing and threatening don't seem to be working so far.

As for the JB update, if it doesn't come, it doesn't come and the phone still does what it did when you bought it. No loss. If it comes, you're ahead of the game. Take a chill pill with a good stuff drink and relax...it's a phone.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site

I'm sorry but I have to disagree. The phone was never "left to die". The very fact that they are working on an update negates that statement. sprint is updating their phones in a methodical, and deliberate manner. The One X got done earlier because HTC could update the one series with one update that affected several phones. Same with the SIII. The EVO Is a fine phone...as good as any sold at the same time.

You bought this phone with ICS and presumably liked it. You're having issues with it because its no longer performing like new and because the last update was rushed causing issues for some. Your options are to either replace the phone, get a different brand or wait. ing and threatening don't seem to be working so far.

As for the JB update, if it doesn't come, it doesn't come and the phone still does what it did when you bought it. No loss. If it comes, you're ahead of the game. Take a chill pill with a good stuff drink and relax...it's a phone.

I would assume they've been "working on an update" since they broke the phone with the last one so either they have absolutely no idea what they are doing or it's just not a priority. Aside from some very ill informed tweets from sprint care when was the last public acknowledgement that this phone even existed from HTC or sprint? How can you not feel like this phone is left for dead? Phil's post is the closest thing to official that we've seen that anyone is doing anything for this phone (thanks again Phil! Appreciate it). If there was just a simple post on the HTC website saying "hey we haven't forgotten about you guys, we've been working on something but had some snags getting it released..." it would go a long ways for their image.

Can you honestly say that if the one x or the gs3 had an issue like the Evo contacts it would have gone this long without being addressed?

And I have a life outside of this phone but this thread is just way too entertaining! Over 1500 posts and I feel like we're further from an update than when we started, what a beautiful disaster

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I also have to say that this phone is not dead and no one hear knows where the blame should go. We are not part of the "executive" meetings making decisions and deciding what should be done. The fact that we know about an update at all is not HTC or Sprint fault. We have people here who get inside information and pass it along then so many get upset when it doesn't happen fast enough for them. Now it is obvious that they know how bad the last update affected some of us and not others so instead of rushing this time they pulled the update back to make sure like they should have done for the first update. Now I agree the marketing for this phone was piss poor at best but again we don't know what is going on in the board room. At the time it looks like they chose to go by word of mouth and it could also have a lot to do with not having the money to market this phone correctly. They have hired a new marketing guy so it seems they have plans to do better. As most have come here and had some fun with some very clever and amusing posts to past the time knowing the update is coming and the amusing posts are so much more enjoyable to read then the ing and moaning about the same thing over and over about an update we technically shouldn't even know about.

Ice

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I agree with you. I think the biggest and only really "major", fault the phone ever had was in htc's advertising. Around the time I got this phone everyone kept asking "is that a gs3" because there was -gs3 stuff everywhere. I love this phone and prefer many aspects of it over the Sammy. Better overall look, feel, and and performance Imo. At the end of the day the only thing I ever heard about the phone was from word of mouth.

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you. I think the biggest and only really "major", fault the phone ever had was in htc's advertising. Around the time I got this phone everyone kept asking "is that a gs3" because there was -gs3 stuff everywhere. I love this phone and prefer many aspects of it over the Sammy. Better overall look, feel, and and performance Imo. At the end of the day the only thing I ever heard about the phone was from word of mouth.

+1

icenija

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

Yes I think HTC like many major corporations sit back on their very rich behinds and try and live off the last big thing. The original Evo was at the time the best thing since sliced bread and what helped HTC was Samsung's big failure with the Epic. Now we know HTC doesn't have the budget Samsung has but at least Samsung learned their lesson from the Epic. I believe HTC will learn its lesson from this phone. At least it seems they are trying with the new marketing guy, we will have to see. We also have to remember that in HTC eyes the US is not their bread and butter, any sales from the US is icing for them, they really focus on the Europe and Asian markets because that is where they get the most profits.

Now that I've said that and since this thread has pretty much focused on everything along with the upgrade or lack thereof. Let me add this none upgrade topic:

Where is my Ingress invite?????????

Ice

crowrb29

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site

I requested an ingress invite 2 weeks ago and have yet to see anything....

axllebeer

Trusted Member
Aug 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm ready for the fix to our lagging txting issues and contact problems. Jelly Bean or not any update to fix these issues will leave me a happy camper. Other than that I'm not concerned at this point. I just want the little things tended to.

After reading thorough dozens of comments to this thread and how stressed out everyone is, I think we all need to just turn off our Evo's and have some stress-free hot sex. Think I'll go see what the wife is doing...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2