Update coming to HTC EVO 4G LTE

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: Update coming to HTC evo 4g lte

I have the stock 4.13.651.4 RUU installed on my phone s-on and relocked. I unlocked and installed custom recovery and rooted with superSU but the rumrunner cmd promt says that i either need an unsecure kernel or number 2 i forgot what it said im assuming it was an error pretaining to the 4.13.651.4 firmware. Is there any way to s-off this firmware yet?
See my previous steps. Flash stock rooted. Rumrunner will work.

KEB64

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
mmm, yeah that did not work. Unlocked just fine then recovery install failed leaving me with no recovery. Then I fastbooted recovery installed and it told me I had no OS. Would not boot past the white HTC screen. Ended up using the RUU to get back in business. Unlock btw erases internal which I had forgotten did that. Too much time wasted. .4 works well enough for me. I'd like to see them make it official but if they don't that's okay too. My phone runs well.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
mmm, yeah that did not work. Unlocked just fine then recovery install failed leaving me with no recovery. Then I fastbooted recovery installed and it told me I had no OS. Would not boot past the white HTC screen. Ended up using the RUU to get back in business. Unlock btw erases internal which I had forgotten did that. Too much time wasted. .4 works well enough for me. I'd like to see them make it official but if they don't that's okay too. My phone runs well.
Sounds like you used the wrong recovery.

KEB64

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
First couple attempts were with Clockwork, that didn't seem to do anything. Then I used the latest TWRP. So yeah, probably mucked it up. Good guess! lol

P.S. is there anyway to root without using recovery?