What is a good security set up for this phone ?

Panchoevo

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't have any security set up on this phone.
Have wondered what I would do if it were stolen, or if I were to lose it.
I know that I would immediately notify Sprint, and change my google password.
That's the extent of my security.

Have read about systems that help you locate the phone, disable the phone, etc.,
but still haven't figured them out or applied them to the phone.

What is a good security set up for this phone ?

Thanks

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
Use some sort of a lock system other than face unlock. I also like prey antitheft (search for it in the play store.)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

makaroni

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I just got the Kaspersky security app. A lil pricey at around 15 bucks but I like the features. You can text codes to lock, wipe all data, and locate your phone from any other device if lost or stolen. If the thief tries to change the sim card in my stolen phone, it will send an email to me showing me the new number the person is using on my phone that they stole. It also has a few other cool security features I like as well. If you want to go with a free one, AVG antivirus is also niiice. I used to use that one. You can go online and wipe data, lock, locate or send a shout noise to your phone to find it if the person tries to silence it.

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

Last edited:

Caleb Morris

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
You can use Lookout. It's free and has a phone locater and virus scanner. It probably has new stuff, but I haven't used it in a year or so.

debsawyer

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
There is an app called Cerberus that is in the Play store. If your phone is lost or stolen it will actually take a picture or video at your command. You can access everything from the web.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
You can use Lookout. It's free and has a phone locater and virus scanner. It probably has new stuff, but I haven't used it in a year or so.

i have lookout on all of the phones on my account (4). it has locator, scream, backup and anti-virus capabilities.

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have insurance, there's also "The Protection App" which allows you to locate your phone on a map, make it scream, wipe (I believe), among other things. It's free.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
What I like about prey is that it's cross platform compatible. Android, ios, mac, pc, Linux, you name it.

hutch1911

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Use Lookout combined with a lengthy password. Also if your a real security freak you can encrypt your phone and memory card storage as well by going storage in the settings menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non