Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Default Re: Bugs in Jelly Bean

Screen goes black when playing voicemail.

Screen goes black when on calls.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by puch96 View Post
    Is the vm app going blank when listening to a message when you put the phone on your ear, or in speakerphone mode also?
    If listening in your ear, the prox sensor turns the screen off so you don't touch vm functions. (unlike the old version were I kept touching buttons while listening to my vms)
    the default is non-speaker, so you have to very quickly put it on speaker, or go back and put it on speaker.... it goes black too fast when on non- speaker...and it does so even if the phone is lying flat on its back .

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Rev View Post
    For those experiencing battery drop quicker than before and are in areas with no LTE yet (like here in Phoenix), the upgrade to Jelly Bean reset the "Network Mode" to LTE/CDMA which would leave the phone continuously scanning for LTE.

To set it back: Settings>Mobile data>Network mode>CDMA only.
    Hmmm, could be. I'll give it a shot, but with ICS it never caused this...

Why is it that when tapping the home button to go to home screen, it seems as if it takes much longer. Does it have anything to do with the Google Voice option when holding the home button? This is really starting to annoy me!! Can anyone explain????

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

My calendar, tasks, and music widgets are taking longer to load up than with ICS. Also my google tasks wont sync up with the HTC calendar

Day 2 after the update and we are already up to 305 posts of bug issues. HTC had all that time to get this thing ready. Even would seem that they gave themselves an extra month what with the first leak on the release dates. Yet here we are.
    321contak likes this.

I had to redo the entire layout of my phone cause they decided that only the larger contact widgets are needed. I had 1 screen with two of the vertical small , narrow ones, one with personal and other with work contacts commonly called.

Can't turn off my camera shutter sound. Drives me INSANE. Help!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    "Paint to live. Live to paint."
    secretmethod70 likes this.

Global Posts
    91 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Andras View Post
    I contacted HTC today about the proximity sensor issue and got this reply on factory resetting the phone and wiping the partition. It didn't work for me but I thought I'd post it in case it helps others.

Thank you for contacting HTC Technical Support, Thank you for contacting us. We're committed to delivering a great customer experience. As such, we investigate all reported issues. If a hardware or software change is found to improve a customer experience, it will be deployed according to our standard, required processes. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced and appreciate your patience as we work quickly to investigate this issue.

Please, follow the steps below to clear all the cache on the phone; this will restore the phone software, except for the ROM Jelly bean update.

1. Turn the phone off
    2. Press and hold the Volume Down key and then briefly press the Power key.
    3. When you see the screen with the three Android images, release the Volume Down key.
    4. Press the Volume Down key to select Factory Reset.
    5. Press the Power key.
    6. Navigate to Recovery using volume buttons, then press power to select.
    7. The screen will change to display a phone on its back, with the update symbol above it. Momentarily it will change to an image of a phone with a red triangle and exclamation mark.
    8. Press and hold volume up then press the power button. You will see something very similar to the example shown below.

e:cant open /cache/recovery/command
    e:/ failed to mount /sdcard (no such file or directory exists)

9. A new screen will give you options like Reboot system now, Wipe Cache partition, and Wipe Data/Factory Reset.
    10. Navigate to Wipe Cache the volume down button and select with Power.
    11. Navigate to Reboot Phone with the volume buttons and select with power.

So I followed these instructions to try to get to the wipe cache and when I hit factory reset, it reset and wiped my phone.
    Proximity sensor problem not resolved but working a little better.
    The proximity sensor settings coding must be wrong because when I am in very bright room there is no problem. Even at dusk time brightness the proximity sensor fails.
    This is how is working for me at this time.
    Voicemail screen blackout still happening.
    Google maps not smooth and nav is still freezing and crashing.
    HTC get on it!
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,383 Global Posts

Day 2 after the update and we are already up to 305 posts of bug issues. HTC had all that time to get this thing ready. Even would seem that they gave themselves an extra month what with the first leak on the release dates. Yet here we are.
    Well, just imagine how it would have been, had it been released back then....
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
    balansboy and Zookeeper63 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Well, just imagine how it would have been, had it been released back then....
    I know man...I think everyone's phones would have bricked! lmao
    debsawyer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 321contak View Post
    So I followed these instructions to try to get to the wipe cache and when I hit factory reset, it reset and wiped my phone.
    Proximity sensor problem not resolved but working a little better.
    The proximity sensor settings coding must be wrong because when I am in very bright room there is no problem. Even at dusk time brightness the proximity sensor fails.
    This is how is working for me at this time.
    Voicemail screen blackout still happening.
    Google maps not smooth and nav is still freezing and crashing.
    HTC get on it!
    I think the steps the rep provided were about as thorough as you can get with wiping things down to the core. I had called some repair centers to see if they could restore the phone to before the update then reapply JB but none said that was possible. I hope they get things fixed too. They've got the big step out the way now we just need a little maintenance. I'm actually inclined to believe that the proximity thing is also related to the light sensor. Using the *#*#diag#*#* tests both the light sensor and the proximity sensor fail now unless they are in really bright light situations. I wonder if those two work in tandem.

Is anyone else noticing a lot less ram available now? It's almost back to the way it was before the last update when I check it....and that's after having much less apps on my phone since I've wiped it clean several times now and haven't reinstalled everything.

Is anybody else having this issue? I take a screen capture of a Facebook page or SMS and it looks normal. Once I send the screen shot via SMS it comes out garbled and illegible.

Major proximity sensor issue if you navigate away from the phone screen while on a call. It continuously turns off the screen. When I turn it back on and touch anywhere it immediately turns back off. I can't end the call, press any buttons (for menus) or anything. I have to hard reboot the phone to end a call. This one is major!

Is anyone else noticing a lot less ram available now? It's almost back to the way it was before the last update when I check it....and that's after having much less apps on my phone since I've wiped it clean several times now and haven't reinstalled everything.
    That maybe, but I can tell you the multitasking is flawless now!! Honestly I don't care about less ram available as long as things run smoothly, which they are.
    secretmethod70 likes this.

A computer runs more efficient when it uses all its ram!

SENT FROM MY JELLYBEAN EATING EVO!

After hard boot my GPS still crashes a loy Almost got into an accident on fwy

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by cr8rec View Post
    After hard boot my GPS still crashes a loy Almost got into an accident on fwy

Um not having any problems with my gpa or any thing at all

I've noticed that some things still give haptic feedback, even when all settings for it are turned off (like touch and hold to move icons on desktop)... might just be NovaLauncher though...

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

Google Maps is crashing like a drunk on a monthlong bender.

Was also having problem with WiFi, but turning off DLNA auto ip fixed that.

Since updating to JB, the biggest problem is that my phone says my wifi is connected, however any time I attempt to go to the internet, I receive an error stating that there is no active internet connection. I am sure there is some setting somewhere that I need to fix as the wifi connects and internet works just fine at other locations. I have already tried hard re-boot twice, to no avail. Ok... turned off DLNA (not sure what "DLNA" does for the phone, but it is off now) and the wifi/no internet issue resolved. New issue: contacts disappeared with update. When trying to put contacts back on the phone, the contact info never loads.
    Last edited by blindwsci; 12-15-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Turning off DLNA also fixed wifi connection issue for me. Thank you for posting!
    koam likes this.

Global Posts
    719 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taniapomales View Post
    Can't turn off my camera shutter sound. Drives me INSANE. Help!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Yep. Not gonna happen with stock now.
    Sent from my blah-blah-blah using blah-blah-blah.

No haptic feedback, even in the keyboard.
    All the options are grayed out for me.
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 ... LastLast