Bugs in Jelly Bean

goggles6

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
What is a BL and a GNOW?

I cannot confirm your report- I still have "Face Unlock" in my "Choose screen lock" screen under Security.

What do u mean? English please? Face unlock is showing up in apps but not settings.how do I get it back? Battery life and google now

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I had face unlock before JB update. Now it is gone. Not in settings, WHAT DO I DO?????????? also BL is bad, and GNOW inconsistent. Any tips, and other new features to tell me about?

What do u mean? English please? Face unlock is showing up in apps but not settings.how do I get it back?

What do u mean? English please? Face unlock is showing up in apps but not settings.how do I get it back? Battery life and google now

What do u mean? English please? Face unlock is showing up in apps but not settings.how do I get it back?

Every one of your THREE responses on the topic (and two without proper quoting) are in response to things that are written in English. I asked before what you meant by "BL" and "GNOW" and you ignored it. Then you just wrote that "Face unlock is showing up in apps but not in settings". Two people, one of them me, have told you already that it is, indeed, in Security settings. There is no such thing as a face unlock "app" so I have no idea what you are seeing in "apps".

I think your "BL" is perhaps "battery life", now that I read it several times..... quite out of context. If correct, there is an entire thread you can read (in English too): http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/235085-battery-after-jb.html

koam

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I read the same thing but it's not right. There some kind of glitch that when you start moving around in the keyboard settings , the mic will disappear and it will not come back until you restart the phone

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

chenergize

May 15, 2010
Visit site
What is "this"?

My WiFi is on 24 hours a day... I don't see any real power drain from it being on. "Google [Spy] Now", however, uses location tracking and that seems to be at least part of some peoples' issue with excessive power drain.

Might. I have never turned it on, myself.

Oops! Sorry I meant "this" as your phone automatically going to WiFi even if you have it toggled to "off". I left my phone in sleep mode for awhile, and found that it would automatically turn on Wifi. Weird.

bmatlosz

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'll throw my hat into this foray. I updated the day it was released and the only thing I was experiencing was terrible battery levels. Last night, I figured out how to do a factory reset and completed it. Since then, my battery performance seems to have returned to pre-JellyBean levels, however, I now seem to be experiencing the proximity issue as many others have opined. I never had the proximity issue before, so I'm thinking it could be JellyBean related. I just got off the phone from my 8th call today, and the screen either, would not dim when at my face, or would go black and not turn on until after the call.

EDIT: I ran the Test Menu P-Test through *#*#3424#*#* a few moments ago, and the sensor seemed to be working normally. After that I received another call and the sensor seemed to be working normally again. This is quite strange. I wonder if running the test "fixed" the problem.

EDIT 2: I have solved my problem with the proximity sensor, and it wasn't related to the P-Sensor Test. There was a some facial oil covering the sensor on my phone and once I wiped it off, it worked flawlessly. I was able to duplicate this numerous times within the last hour. It seems the oil was diffusing the light and the sensor was not getting a good reading, at least that's my assumption.

Seems to have been my issue as well. the sensor seems hyper sensitive now...cleaning the area helps, but for how long.

elnewby

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
A few times my messaging has "crashed" with the option to send an error report. This never happened pre-JB. Anyone else had this problem?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Day 2 after the update and we are already up to 305 posts of bug issues. HTC had all that time to get this thing ready. Even would seem that they gave themselves an extra month what with the first leak on the release dates. Yet here we are.

I think there's about 6-10 useful productive posts and about 500 "THAT doesn't work for me too", "I wish they didn't do THAT", "I tried THAT and THAT didn't work" and just "My phone doesn't work". People need to learn how to use pronouns and there's a time and a place for the word "that".

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think there's about 6-10 useful productive posts and about 500 "THAT doesn't work for me too"

Yes that is true but it definitely takes a mass of people having the same issues to get a voice loud enough so maybe HTC will fix it. If just one person had the problem and nobody else spoke up it would seem more as an isolated incident to which a fix would never be released.

Just look at the multitasking issues with the phone at launch. HTC themselves even tried to pull an Apple on us and tell us we were wrong and the phone worked just fine. After hearing it from so many people for so long they went back and addressed the issue.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Yes that is true but it definitely takes a mass of people having the same issues to get a voice loud enough so maybe HTC will fix it. If just one person had the problem and nobody else spoke up it would seem more as an isolated incident to which a fix would never be released.

You're preaching to the choir on that. I think I was one of the most vocal people on the contacts issue. But my point is people need to quote what message/issue they are referring to or just write it out. When I'm reading 18 pages of this I don't know if they're referring to battery issues, google now issues, prox sensor issues, wifi issues..... Just saying "That" does no good. If I'm htc and I'm reading this I'm thinking I need to dumb things down on the phone even more....

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
You're preaching to the choir on that. I think I was one of the most vocal people on the contacts issue. But my point is people need to quote what message/issue they are referring to or just write it out. When I'm reading 18 pages of this I don't know if they're referring to battery issues, google now issues, prox sensor issues, wifi issues..... Just saying "That" does no good. If I'm htc and I'm reading this I'm thinking I need to dumb things down on the phone even more....

True. It would make things easier if there were dedicated threads to specific issues that are now coming out as known JB update caused bugs. Such as proximity sensor issues, navigation crashing, etc. .

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it the connections optimizer?

Settings > Mobile Data > Automatic Connections > uncheck Connections Optimizer

But does that improve cell and data connection or is it strictly for WiFi? Nevermind just saw its WiFi and 4g.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
True. It would make things easier if there were dedicated threads to specific issues that are now coming out as known JB update caused bugs. Such as proximity sensor issues, navigation crashing, etc. .
Lets get a moderator involved and start up a JB - Specific problem Thread.
1. D-Link WIFI (missing wifi routers) is an issue i and several other people are confirming.
2. Proximity sensor is another that several people have commented on.
3. While not a BUG but an eye sore the Power Save showing up every time i pull down my notifications menu is annoying. For me anyway.
4. Google Maps / Navigation Saw some posts on that, while its not happening to me could be an issue.

IN fact ill go ahead and start a new thread for JB Bug - WiFi missing that way those of us with D-Link routers who cant connect to them can start our own thread and maybe well be able to get that fixed..
OR find out if its happening to people with other model routers..
Oh in fact i do have a newer DLink work router that works. SO now i need to get model numbers..

For those users who are having wifi problems after the update or your EVO LTE is not seeing your WiFI router ive started a new thread for our issues. Please post some info over there and lets see how widespread this is.
Mine is a D-Link DIR-615 that is giving my EVO LTE issues. My Work D-Link DIR-825 works fine.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/ht...wifi-not-seeing-some-routers.html#post2445093

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
But does that improve cell and data connection or is it strictly for WiFi? Nevermind just saw its WiFi and 4g.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
cuffs50, all that does is monitor your WiFi and when your in range of a Home or Work WIFI it will automatically turn ON WiFi and connect to it..
I my self think its more of a battery drain and others have reported the same. I have unchecked that option as i want to connect to WiFi when i want to, not when the phone thinks i should.
As far as Cellular performance it has zero impact. It only switches On WiFi..
As far as data performance, if your at home and you have a fast wifi data connection yeah sure it helps.. And WiFi uses less power then cellular so its good to connect to WiFi when you can.. But i want to be in control of that,

blpalmer76

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
What I have found with my phone is as soon as I tilt the phone up 90 degrees after answering a call the screen goes black. If I tilt it back flat it goes back on. I do not have to have it anywhere near an object so to me it sounds like the G-Sensor is also tied into the code.

If I have the phone flat and put my hand over the sensor the scree goes black like it is supposed to.

Most of us answer our phone in a vertical fashion so we notice this problem right away.

FifthElement

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I?m having severe proximity sensor issues which I had when I first got the phone but then the previous update fixed it, however it?s back with the Jelly Bean update. The little red proximity sensor dot stays on all the time after a call unless you put the phone on speaker before hanging up. I want to break my phone as sometimes if it?s dark my phone will not turn back on so that I can end my call or put someone on speaker or even answer another incoming call, ARG! It works better in super bright rooms but it worked fine before the update.

My battery life is worse than before and I have almost all of the Google apps disabled except maps. The power saver always kicks on automatically when your battery gets low, which is more than annoying and there is no way to disable it.

The 4X1 people widget is now gone and there is no way to make the other two fit to it?s old size. I don?t want to waste a whole or half a screen on people link access.

The background wallpaper no longer moves when you swipe between each home-screen like it used to. So the image always stays static in the background and old wallpapers which were made to scroll are messed up.

The new ?Battery Use? power options are horrible. There is no real way to tell which apps are using your battery as the percentages don?t equal 100% and they removed the most important one, ?Screen? which allowed you to see how long your screen has been on for?! They also removed standby usage option which would allow you to see how long your phone had no signal. So they basically handicapped the ?Usage? power options and made them completely useless.

The HTC Hub is gone along with the tons of ringtones, sounds, themes, etc. How are users supposed to download the flashlight and other HTC apps like the different calculators, word of the day, stopwatch, battery widget, etc? They forced us to use HTC Hub and now they remove it permanently? WTF?! The new update is so eclectic with many greens left over from previous sense versions mixed with the new blue color scheme. Ugly.

Many times since I updated my text messages refuse to send or send much later or never. Even with perfect signal I still have issues. Offline Google voice typing never seems to kick in when I have a crappy signal or no signal. The only way I could get it to work was by disabling 3G and WiFi? So what good is it?

Typing always brings up a keyboard notification in the shade that keeps asking me which keyboard I want to use (input method), HTC Sense or Google Voice typing and it never goes away. Every time I start to type it pops up and then goes away when I?m done typing.

The new sense keyboard a lot of the time misses words and spellings forcing me to go back and do it. The smiles are huge and there is no way to make them normal sized. And sometimes the mic icon on the default sense keyboard disappears and you can no longer do voice typing?! Only a reset I?ve found brings it back? This is extremely annoying! Not to mention some people are having sever keyboard distortion in which the keyboard is unrecognizable and unusable!

The new voice-mail app is horrid and too bright. They constantly try to get you to accidentally click the monthly subscription to their transcription service. I want the old voice-mail app back. There is also a bug in which the screen goes black when listening to a message and all you can do is exit to get back to where you were?

Various other bugs and issues include: You can no longer mute the phone while taking pictures for the shutter sound even when the phone is in silent mode. WiFi doesn?t work for some, I personally haven?t had this one. Many Bluetooth functions are now broken and no longer working as they did before the update such as controlling your phone from another device via Bluetooth (car, etc). I can no longer view my SD card as a drive when I have my USB cable connected which makes it annoying to transfer files and such. I?ve had some touch screen issues with the screen not recognizing touches similar to the folder touch bugs many have had in which the screen doesn?t detect the correct position for onscreen item selections. Adobe Flash Player can no longer be updated and it doesn?t even appear in the market anymore? The USB Debugging notification is persistent when a USB cable is connected even if the option is off!

This will be my last HTC phone as this amount of bugs in a final release is crazy bad. I love my EVO but these issues are just too plaguing and serious. And I bet we don?t see an update to any of these for at least a few months if not LONGER!