Bugs in Jelly Bean

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Not to repeat myself, but I found a few apps not working properly. I used advice of developer. They suggested clearing cache and default from apps . Go to settings, individual app , select clear default , clear cache. Beat resetting entire phone and all its well. Definately worth a try.

sent from my Evo 4G LTE using Tapatalk2

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
Well, looks like they are still turning off the network or suspending operations moments after the screen goes off, AGAIN. I have been trying FOR AN HOUR to download some offline maps for Google Maps. It is 61MB and Google's servers are being slow about it (which is not unusual for some reason with this operation). So I have to keep touching the screen over and over again to keep the phone awake or it will pause the download. Wait a little longer and it starts all over again. Extremely irritating. Last time I got to 99% and didn't keep it awake at the tail part and it started all over again.

I have power saver OFF.
I have keep WiFi On ON.

gregisonfire

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Well, looks like they are still turning off the network or suspending operations moments after the screen goes off, AGAIN. I have been trying FOR AN HOUR to download some offline maps for Google Maps. It is 61MB and Google's servers are being slow about it (which is not unusual for some reason with this operation). So I have to keep touching the screen over and over again to keep the phone awake or it will pause the download. Wait a little longer and it starts all over again. Extremely irritating. Last time I got to 99% and didn't keep it awake at the tail part and it started all over again.

I have power saver OFF.
I have keep WiFi On ON.

I think this is a gmaps bug and not the EVO. When the map cache came out for Google Maps, I tried it on my Nexus 7 and had similar problems. Haven't tried it since, but I will when I'm around the N7 and let you know if that's the issue.

Last edited:

zmann

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, it went back to normal after a reboot.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you mean the proximity sensor, not the accelerometer.

Wow thanks,, must have been hitting the egg nogg to hard that day lol the proximity sensor just made me so angry. I was on a important call and I needed to retrieve a number from my phone during the call. Every time I turned on the screen via the button,, I would try to tap screen to go to contacts app and the screen would shut off. I did this over and over until I wanted to toss the phone through a window,,, almost did. I very rarely make calls and this bug did not bother me until today.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Wow thanks,, must have been hitting the egg nogg to hard that day lol the proximity sensor just made me so angry. I was on a important call and I needed to retrieve a number from my phone during the call. Every time I turned on the screen via the button,, I would try to tap screen to go to contacts app and the screen would shut off. I did this over and over until I wanted to toss the phone through a window,,, almost did. I very rarely make calls and this bug did not bother me until today.

EVO-LUTION 4G LTE

Only advice I could give if this happens again before we get a fix is to very quickly switch to speakerphone.

321contak

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Finally talked to HTC about the following issues since JB update
1. Proximity Sensor
2. Voicemail Screen going black
3. Google Maps/Nav Crashing

They will not acknowledge these are known issues. They deny deny deny.
Their answer?
Wipe cache Did not work
Safe Mode Did not work
Factory Reset Did not work

Great! Good bye HTC

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Finally talked to HTC about the following issues since JB update
1. Proximity Sensor
2. Voicemail Screen going black
3. Google Maps/Nav Crashing

They will not acknowledge these are known issues. They deny deny deny.
Their answer?
Wipe cache Did not work
Safe Mode Did not work
Factory Reset Did not work

Great! Good bye HTC

Weird. Whom exactly did you speak to. I spoke to someone in their escalations department the other day. I had already gone through the other suggested process of wiping cache, safe mode, factory reset so they advanced my ticket to a higher priority. I was specifically asking them about the proximity sensor issue(which I assume is one in the same with the voicemail issue being as it is phone call related), they fully acknowledged that this is an issue and that they are working on it. The rep went so far as to say they are trying to find a fix that the users may be able to do themselves with a set of instructions and if not it will be released in a future maintenance release.

I do have a question about people with the navigation issue though. How many people actually hard reset and wiped the phones cache on their phones and DID NOT put any app whatsoever on their phones before verifying that navigation was crashing( I hard reset and wiped my phone cache several times without putting ANY apps on my phone to check that my proximity sensor issue wasn't app related)? I'm not trying to be presumptuous here as I myself swore up and down I was in the camp of the nav crashing group. In my case I was able to pinpoint that using an Equalizer app was causing my navigation to crash among many other issues. Actually 2 equalizer apps gave me issues with navigation but one went far worse than the other

Personally I believe there are many many apps out there right now that aren't working correctly on our phones just yet and are causing many issues people are having. Just this one app was causing my music to skip when driving with the navigation maps open and on the screen, was crashing navigation, voice search, Google Now, voice dialing, force closing itself, completely locking my phone up. I unistalled the app, phone worked great for a day, reinstalled the app, and all the issues came back. And this was an app that worked just fine on ICS Just my two cents.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Weird. Whom exactly did you speak to.
+1. His response sounded like it was from some front-line, first-responder, nobody "tech". Granted, getting such a response from ANYONE at HTC is unacceptable (saying they never heard of something that obviously they have).

YOUR response sounded exactly like mine (I verbally spoke to escalations). They know very well the problem exists and are working to fix it.

rtfloneo1

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Clearing Cache Partition

there is no more option for clearing all cache in the storage options. also, removed google music and groove shark. both of which don't work. google music will play music locally but as soon as its from the cloud it crashes. its like streaming media is dead

You're right - there's no setting to clear all cache in storage. Been using an app on Play Store for several years that does that with one click - App2SD.

I called HTC tech support for the hell of it on Christmas Day, and spoke with a very sharp lady about some issues. The first thing she recommended was logging into the Bootloader menu, and clearing the "Cache Partition" (assuming all know how to access the Bootloader menu). Then reboot the phone.
Said this usually solved most problems. Interestingly, she said a "Hard Reset" was something they recommended only as a last resort. That's normally the stock advice from the carrier.
I cleared the Cache Partition and it solved the majority of my issues.

crxssi

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Clearing Cache Partition

I called HTC tech support for the hell of it on Christmas Day, and spoke with a very sharp lady about some issues. The first thing she recommended was logging into the Bootloader menu, and clearing the "Cache Partition" (assuming all know how to access the Bootloader menu). Then reboot the phone. Said this usually solved most problems. I cleared the Cache Partition and it solved the majority of my issues.

Interesting! I have been doing this Android thing for quite a while. I have never heard of clearing the cache partition. It is nice to have another troubleshooting option, especially one that has no negatives attached to it.

Android Partitions Explained: boot, system, recovery, data, cache & misc

guitarfish

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I attempted to clear the cache partition, but I'm not sure what I did. Rebooted phone, held Vol Down and Power. Got white screen with boot menu. Went down o Recovery, pressed Power button to select it. The screen went to a triagle with red exclamation point and sat there for 5 min, then the phone rebooted. Everythng (data, etc) came back up normal.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

I attempted to clear the cache partition, but I'm not sure what I did. Rebooted phone, held Vol Down and Power. Got white screen with boot menu. Went down o Recovery, pressed Power button to select it. The screen went to a triagle with red exclamation point and sat there for 5 min, then the phone rebooted. Everythng (data, etc) came back up normal.

As soon as that triangle comes up you need to hold the volume up button then press the power button. It'll give you the options to clear the partition and reboot into recovery.

Gladius Nova

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
All my screenshots I send through texts are blurry now since the update. Does anyone else have this issue?

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

errbin

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
Wallpaper and keyboard reset to default settings when I turn off phone

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

getting worse now it resetting to default wallpaper and keyboard while using phone

this update sux!!!

sent from a EVO that survived a Apple attack... thug life

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo