Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 40 of 40
Like Tree17Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    True.... You could just hit speaker to play the message and that way you can see the point you need to back it up too couldn't you?

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  2. #27  
    crxssi's Avatar
    Linux: The power beneath

    Posts
    2,346 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,665 Global Posts

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Yes, the screen will come back on when the voicemail ends. But some of us use the phone for business and sometimes you may need to back up to replay part of the message. That becomes an annoyance when a customer leaves a 45s+ message. It wastes time and is overall inconvenient.
    I have to agree. If it were properly using the proximity sensor to detect if it were on the ear then fine, turn off the screen. But if it is turning it off simply because it ASSUMES it is being used on the ear, that is stupid. Many times a user would want to pull away from ear and back up or skip or whatever, while it is still playing.
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Moto360, Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #28  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Topgonzo View Post
    Ohhh for those of u saying the voicemail screen goes blank....there's a reason for that...when u select voicemail there are options...first one if u use the transcription option that's new now like I do u can read ur voicemail...
    Second if u want it on speaker u select the speaker option and the screen stays lit up and u hear the voicemail...
    Third u just select play....yes it blacks out because u should have the phone to your ear listening to your voicemail! If u wait till ur voicemail is over then it comes back on and u can decide to delete or save it...
    There is nothing wrong with that....quit ing.....I don't like some of the bugs either ...yes their are legitimate bugs but starting a thread like this to just complain without thinking first and trying to fix ur own problems is just stupid.

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
    Please tell me thats not vanilla ice as your avatar!!!!!
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    I have to agree. If it were properly using the proximity sensor to detect if it were on the ear then fine, turn off the screen. But if it is turning it off simply because it ASSUMES it is being used on the ear, that is stupid. Many times a user would want to pull away from ear and back up or skip or whatever, while it is still playing.
    Agree with this ^^^
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    As for everyone thinking that I started this thread out of hatred for the phone and lack of taking responsibility to fix my own problems, I simply stated a couple of things that were new to me and a little bit of a hassle to work with. Obviously there are plenty of people having the Same issues. I don't have all kinds of empty time on my hands to "explore" my phone. I use my phone for a few basic but yet important things. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY PHONE. I really appreciate all the people that have dropped in on this thread and put in their .02!!
  6. #31  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    :-) not a big deal
  7. #32  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 08silveradoonrims View Post
    Please tell me thats not vanilla ice as your avatar!!!!!
    No that would be me

    Sent from my EVO 4G LTE
  8. #33  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Yes, the screen will come back on when the voicemail ends. But some of us use the phone for business and sometimes you may need to back up to replay part of the message. That becomes an annoyance when a customer leaves a 45s+ message. It wastes time and is overall inconvenient.
    Mine seems to be working as it should. The only time my screen blacks out is when I put my phone to my ear as the prox. sensor is making the screen go blank. As soon as I remove the phone from my ear, the screen turns back on to let me pause, delete, etc. VM was going to be updated in the last MR back in august, but we did not get it 'cause it had some bugs... Now that we have it, we will need a future MR to fix the bugs some of us are having...
  9. #34  
    icenija's Avatar

    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by 08silveradoonrims View Post
    As for everyone thinking that I started this thread out of hatred for the phone and lack of taking responsibility to fix my own problems, I simply stated a couple of things that were new to me and a little bit of a hassle to work with. Obviously there are plenty of people having the Same issues. I don't have all kinds of empty time on my hands to "explore" my phone. I use my phone for a few basic but yet important things. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY PHONE. I really appreciate all the people that have dropped in on this thread and put in their .02!!
    I don't think it is so much people think you started the thread because you hate this phone, I think most of the feelings like that came from the title of the thread. There have been way to many people who come to this phone specific forum to bash this phone where most feel if you don't like this phone then don't come to this thread it is pretty much that simple. I'm glad you love this phone as I love this phone as well. I'm glad you made a point that you are not bashing the phone just pointing out some things you noticed and I'm glad you got some answers you were looking for.

    Ice
    Thanked by:
    crxssi likes this.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by icenija View Post
    I don't think it is so much people think you started the thread because you hate this phone, I think most of the feelings like that came from the title of the thread. There have been way to many people who come to this phone specific forum to bash this phone where most feel if you don't like this phone then don't come to this thread it is pretty much that simple. I'm glad you love this phone as I love this phone as well. I'm glad you made a point that you are not bashing the phone just pointing out some things you noticed and I'm glad you got some answers you were looking for.

    Ice
    Jus an additional point on top of Ice's, many of your complaints, once enumerated, have threads already ongoing here. If you're looking for specific help with an issue it is much better to read those threads and see if it resolves the issue for you. If it doesn't, you can ask a question or raise an issue in that thread.

    Most of us read these forums not only looking for help, but to also provide help to others who need it. Having topics, questions, resolutions maintained in a single thread makes it easier for us to point people there to help them.

    Glad you love your EVO!

    Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    crxssi likes this.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Long time EVO owner. Had the og EVO for 2+ years and I was the first person to pick up pre-order LTE EVO from my local BB. From here on out I will choose choice words when starting a thread to save on confusion!!! Again, thanks and hope everyone has a good day.
    icenija likes this.
  12. #37  
    svargas05's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Mo View Post
    Yes, the screen will come back on when the voicemail ends. But some of us use the phone for business and sometimes you may need to back up to replay part of the message. That becomes an annoyance when a customer leaves a 45s+ message. It wastes time and is overall inconvenient.
    EXACTLY my point.

    And the screen doesn't turn off, it just turns black as if the app is going to crash (notice the notification bar is still active), or like it's stuck in transition to another screen. SO it's not the proximity sensor.

    This is an issue, it wasn't done on purpose. I can't think of any way this was done purposely.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    EXACTLY my point.

    And the screen doesn't turn off, it just turns black as if the app is going to crash (notice the notification bar is still active), or like it's stuck in transition to another screen. SO it's not the proximity sensor.

    This is an issue, it wasn't done on purpose. I can't think of any way this was done purposely.
    Tried out the voicemail today, first time since update and having the same problem with the app. Screen goes black while audio is playing and there is no way to do anything until the message is done playing.
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Quote Originally Posted by svargas05 View Post
    EXACTLY my point.

    And the screen doesn't turn off, it just turns black as if the app is going to crash (notice the notification bar is still active), or like it's stuck in transition to another screen. SO it's not the proximity sensor.

    This is an issue, it wasn't done on purpose. I can't think of any way this was done purposely.
    Your behavior is different. My screen shuts completely off the same way the dialer does. Hitting power does nothing; the screen doesn't turn back on until the message finishes.
  15. #40  
    svargas05's Avatar

    Posts
    321 Posts
    Global Posts
    335 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Recent update...PHONE NOW SUCKS!

    Either way, that's quite the problem, right?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. S3 recent update Causes phone to malfuncion
    By jeffreyctan in forum Sprint Galaxy S3
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 03:33 AM
  2. Update failed now phone won't turn on
    By pierre.randolph in forum Samsung Moment Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2012, 10:46 AM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-04-2012, 03:28 PM
  4. 2.30 update phone acts up now
    By popkurn611 in forum Motorola Droid 2
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 02:59 PM
  5. OTA update and now my phone seems worse.
    By kchase731 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2010, 01:53 AM

Posting Permissions