System update tanked battery life

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife's Fold 3 (512GB Verizon version) received a system update a couple of days ago that had her battery go from lasting almost all day to lasting only a few hours without changing her usage habits. We tried rebooting a couple times thinking a process was hung up, but that didn't work. Anyone else having this issue or have an idea on the cause?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Unfortunately, there is no longer a "wipe cache partition" option in Recovery mode for phones supporting Seamless Updates (pretty much anything Android 12 or later that isn't Samsung).
Right, but this is a Samsung phone we're talking about, so wiping the cache partition should still be an option.
Samsung hasn't changed over to A/B partitions yet, so Samsung still has the option.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
We're away from home on important business so I'll try this in a day or two (don't want to risk anything going sideways right now). I found instructions saying you have to tether the phone into a computer usb prior to the volume up + power combo for it to get into recovery. Can anyone confirm if that's necessary, or if plugging into a charger would work instead? It's mentioned in this video, but just one of many instructions that refer to being tethered to a computer.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
We're away from home on important business so I'll try this in a day or two (don't want to risk anything going sideways right now). I found instructions saying you have to tether the phone into a computer usb prior to the volume up + power combo for it to get into recovery. Can anyone confirm if that's necessary, or if plugging into a charger would work instead? It's mentioned in this video, but just one of many instructions that refer to being tethered to a computer.

Plugging it in to a charger works perfectly... that's the only way I've ever went into recovery mode on my Flip 3 😉 But, from what I understand that only works with US versions... international versions still need the PC connection. If you have an international version maybe @fuzzylumpkin can give us some verification on that.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Plugging it in to a charger works perfectly... that's the only way I've ever went into recovery mode on my Flip 3 But, from what I understand that only works with US versions... international versions still need the PC connection. If you have an international version maybe @fuzzylumpkin can give us some verification on that.

It's the U.S.Verizon version, so I should be good. I guess the pc requirement explains why all the videos I found had foreign accents.

Reactions: J Dubbs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter