Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Btw, I cannot recreate this issue.... I'm unaffected..

Hmm. Anyone else who has this problem do a factory reset after updating? And likewise those of you unaffected, have you not done a factory reset?

Or is this somehow related to those of us affected by the contact lag issue with ICS?

YazanAkkash

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess you are right, its related to 2013. I started receiving this error on my htc one x directly on midnight new year's eve, what i did is that i put the date back to 31 dec 2012 for a few minutes , then put it back to jan 1 and the error stopped from showing, hope it will work with u too guys :)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Take a very close look at the stack trace attached. It is saying there is a Time format error, with the argument being "20130229".

Of course that's an error, this is NOT a leap year! Now the only question is where in the world is it getting that date from?!?

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
First disable automatic network update for date, time and time zone and then manually set the date to Dec 1 2012 for 5 minutes. Then set the date back to today's date and enable auto network updates. Worked like a charm (so far :p)

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
First disable automatic network update for date, time and time zone and then manually set the date to Dec 1 2012 for 5 minutes. Then set the date back to today's date and enable auto network updates. Worked like a charm (so far :p)

Since I'm working with HTC on this I'm going to leave mine "broken" for now. If changing the date works that makes me think that this might also go away at midnight tonight too. "20130229" is 60 days from today, wonder if that might be significant somehow.

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site

Did exactly this and it works so far. Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

joelsef

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Clearing the Contacts Storage data cache has eliminated the error--for now. Just click "Clear data" in the Contacts Storage app in the All category of the Apps section of Settings. This worked on the HTC Evo 4G LTE.

I bet the error will return though, unless they patch this error.

Cydley

Aug 27, 2011
Visit site
Holy cow, HTC, we JUST got the EVO LTE functional again, and now this? I cleared my contact data, but Sync keeps erroring out on me now. Astrid is also force-closing with this (continuing) error, so now I don't have access to my contacts OR my tasks. I really hope they get this fixed quickly.

EDIT: Okay, it just went away for me, no idea why. Contacts synced and everything seems to be working for now.

Last edited:

delthor7

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Clearing the Contacts Storage data cache has eliminated the error--for now. Just click "Clear data" in the Contacts Storage app in the All category of the Apps section of Settings. This worked on the HTC Evo 4G LTE.

I bet the error will return though, unless they patch this error.

Worked for me :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Fabijan Mikelic

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Hm... same problem for me HTC One X.

But one question: how to backup contacts before clearing contacts storage data?
I tried super backup and MC backup, but cannot backup my 500 contacts because app shuts down after showing that annoying process.acore!
I don't want to loose contacts! Phoine isn't rooted.

Thanks!

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hm... same problem for me HTC One X.

But one question: how to backup contacts before clearing contacts storage data?
I tried super backup and MC backup, but cannot backup my 500 contacts because app shuts down after showing that annoying process.acore!
I don't want to loose contacts! Phoine isn't rooted.

Thanks!

If they are Google contacts, export them from online. www.google.com/contacts

nedamdam

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Well someone in your contact lists has a birthday on 29.02 and since the date in 2013 doesn't exist, it crashes. No idea why it searches or wants to match it.
In the contacts the date looks like 01.03.

Anyway clear data storage will work only for few hours or at least for me it did. It came back 4 times, I am guessing when the date got synced.

So I just changed the birthday date of the person from 29.02 into 28.02 and no crash. Easier as the factory or clear storage etc
Tough break or no idea how you do it if your account is linked to facebook and it gets the bday from facebook, maybe unlink the contact? Or tell them to change their bday?

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Well someone in your contact lists has a birthday on 29.02 and since the date in 2013 doesn't exist, it crashes. No idea why it searches or wants to match it.
In the contacts the date looks like 01.03.

Anyway clear data storage will work only for few hours or at least for me it did. It came back 4 times, I am guessing when the date got synced.

So I just changed the birthday date of the person from 29.02 into 28.02 and no crash. Easier as the factory or clear storage etc
Tough break or no idea how you do it if your account is linked to facebook and it gets the bday from facebook, maybe unlink the contact? Or tell them to change their bday?

BINGO! I exported my contacts and looked for that, but it didn't show up as being Feb 29th. Facebook shows it as Feb 28th, but it in her profile it is the 29th.

So HTC, how long until we get a fix for this?!?

philiprorrer

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
You do not need to go into your Sync accounts, erase data, clear cache, Facebook settings, etc...until HTC gets it fixed, all you have to do is manually set your date on your phone to say its any date before 2013.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs