Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Default Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Same here with my one x since today!

I changed my date to 1/2/13 and the error stopped. Good call Mikey47

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Gregoriou View Post
    First disable automatic network update for date, time and time zone and then manually set the date to Dec 1 2012 for 5 minutes. Then set the date back to today's date and enable auto network updates. Worked like a charm (so far )
    Did exactly this and it works so far. Thanks!

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by delthor7 View Post
    Did exactly this and it works so far. Thanks!

Never mind. It's back :-(

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

I can say since I reloaded my contacts, my issue has gone away. :beer:

Clearing the Contacts Storage data cache has eliminated the error--for now. Just click "Clear data" in the Contacts Storage app in the All category of the Apps section of Settings. This worked on the HTC Evo 4G LTE.

I bet the error will return though, unless they patch this error.
    Thanked by:

Holy cow, HTC, we JUST got the EVO LTE functional again, and now this? I cleared my contact data, but Sync keeps erroring out on me now. Astrid is also force-closing with this (continuing) error, so now I don't have access to my contacts OR my tasks. I [I]really[I] hope they get this fixed quickly.

EDIT: Okay, it just went away for me, no idea why. Contacts synced and everything seems to be working for now.
    Last edited by Cydley; 01-01-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joelsef View Post
    Clearing the Contacts Storage data cache has eliminated the error--for now. Just click "Clear data" in the Contacts Storage app in the All category of the Apps section of Settings. This worked on the HTC Evo 4G LTE.

I bet the error will return though, unless they patch this error.
    Worked for me :-)

Hm... same problem for me HTC One X.

But one question: how to backup contacts before clearing contacts storage data?
    I tried super backup and MC backup, but cannot backup my 500 contacts because app shuts down after showing that annoying process.acore!
    I don't want to loose contacts! Phoine isn't rooted.

Thanks!
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  

Quote Originally Posted by Fabijan Mikelic View Post
    Hm... same problem for me HTC One X.

But one question: how to backup contacts before clearing contacts storage data?
    I tried super backup and MC backup, but cannot backup my 500 contacts because app shuts down after showing that annoying process.acore!
    I don't want to loose contacts! Phoine isn't rooted.

Thanks!
    If they are Google contacts, export them from online. www.google.com/contacts

Well someone in your contact lists has a birthday on 29.02 and since the date in 2013 doesn't exist, it crashes. No idea why it searches or wants to match it.
    In the contacts the date looks like 01.03.

Anyway clear data storage will work only for few hours or at least for me it did. It came back 4 times, I am guessing when the date got synced.

So I just changed the birthday date of the person from 29.02 into 28.02 and no crash. Easier as the factory or clear storage etc
    Tough break or no idea how you do it if your account is linked to facebook and it gets the bday from facebook, maybe unlink the contact? Or tell them to change their bday?
    Thanked by 2:
    Mikey47 and hahachiha like this.

Sorry I couldn't actually help with this but changing the date back and forwards worked for me and I just wanted to say thanks

Cool Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

have the same problem.. starting 01st Jan 2013..
    please help.. tq
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  

Quote Originally Posted by nedamdam View Post
    Well someone in your contact lists has a birthday on 29.02 and since the date in 2013 doesn't exist, it crashes. No idea why it searches or wants to match it.
    In the contacts the date looks like 01.03.

Anyway clear data storage will work only for few hours or at least for me it did. It came back 4 times, I am guessing when the date got synced.

So I just changed the birthday date of the person from 29.02 into 28.02 and no crash. Easier as the factory or clear storage etc
    Tough break or no idea how you do it if your account is linked to facebook and it gets the bday from facebook, maybe unlink the contact? Or tell them to change their bday?
    BINGO! I exported my contacts and looked for that, but it didn't show up as being Feb 29th. Facebook shows it as Feb 28th, but it in her profile it is the 29th.

So HTC, how long until we get a fix for this?!?

You do not need to go into your Sync accounts, erase data, clear cache, Facebook settings, etc...until HTC gets it fixed, all you have to do is manually set your date on your phone to say its any date before 2013.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  

Quote Originally Posted by philiprorrer View Post
    You do not need to go into your Sync accounts, erase data, clear cache, Facebook settings, etc...until HTC gets it fixed, all you have to do is manually set your date on your phone to say its any date before 2013.
    That's not realistic. Having the correct date and time is much more important than having Facebook contacts synced.

Two solutions:

1) delete Facebook data, clear data for contact storage, re sync contact data from Google, open Facebook and login and chose not to sync any contact data.

Or

2) De-friend the person who had a leap year birthday, follow steps in 1) above except sync your Facebook contacts. Then once HTC fixes this re-friend the leap year birthday person.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Rooted & Stock (both)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    That's not realistic. Having the correct date and time is much more important than having Facebook contacts synced.

Two solutions:

1) delete Facebook data, clear data for contact storage, re sync contact data from Google, open Facebook and login and chose not to sync any contact data.

Or

2) De-friend the person who had a leap year birthday, follow steps in 1) above except sync your Facebook contacts. Then once HTC fixes this re-friend the leap year birthday person.
    I'm going for route 2, i don't really talk to that person anyway.

Functioning phone > random facebook friend

Sent from my HTC One XL running ViperXL 3.0.0 using Android Central Forums
    Mikey47 likes this.

Same error is showing up on my HTC One since midnight January 1, 2013. This is extremely frustrating.

It works... just unfriend a friend whose DOB is 29 Feb and Sync your address book with FB... it works like a charm... Kusumba S

The problem is that there is no 29 FEB 2013 and you probably have synced your facebook contacts and someones birthday is on Feb 29 which only comes once every four years. This is why the Facebook fix some have been suggesting works.

But I don't understand why?? When I unfriend my fbfriend with the dob 29feb And I sync my contacts... This person is not deleted from my contacts... The terrible thing is I have 3 contacts with the dob 29feb. Unfriend them all. But they are still in my contactlist. I cannot delete them there...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciccio Pecoraro View Post
    But I don't understand why?? When I unfriend my fbfriend with the dob 29feb And I sync my contacts... This person is not deleted from my contacts... The terrible thing is I have 3 contacts with the dob 29feb. Unfriend them all. But they are still in my contactlist. I cannot delete them there...
    You might have to clear also the contact storage (in app settings, clear data, like some wrote up) after the un-friending so they do not stay in the phone.
    Thanked by:

Thumbs down Re: Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

hi have tried all the below solution but nothing happenned.

Finally i format my phone & after so much of hard work still the same error coming.

Its really a big headache.

Please give the solution if anybody has.

Using HTC One X Plus... i think this new year is not so good for we HTC users.

Regards,

Vinod Bhatt

I have the HTC Evo 4G LTE (One X Variant). I had the same problem.
    This is an issue regarding the date. Just change the date to anytime in 2012 and wait for HTC to fix this annoyance. We don't have to go clearing caches. I did the change in and date. And it stopped. I'm completely peeved its over something so stupid. If you restart your phone the date goes back to todays date and the message starts popping up again. So you just have to change the date to anytime in 2012. I decided to go back to todays date but in 2012.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #50  

Quote Originally Posted by Johnattan Morales View Post
    I have the HTC Evo 4G LTE (One X Variant). I had the same problem.
    This is an issue regarding the date. Just change the date to anytime in 2012 and wait for HTC to fix this annoyance. We don't have to go clearing caches. I did the change in and date. And it stopped. I'm completely peeved its over something so stupid. If you restart your phone the date goes back to todays date and the message starts popping up again. So you just have to change the date to anytime in 2012. I decided to go back to todays date but in 2012.
    Johnathan,

Yes that solution does work, but is very unrealistic for most people who rely on their phones for alarms, calendar notifications, etc. If you set your date to 2012 you will not be notified for appointments, etc.

Removing the contact (via the various methods already listed above) is the only method that will allow you to use your phone with the proper date/time.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast