Stuck in recovery with S-ON

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
My friends phone is an EVO LTE and it was rooted with a ROM and TWRP and HBOOT 1.15.

For some reason....He installed the system update from Sprint and rebooted the phone and wiped Cache, Dalvik and System. Then he reset the phone and it got stuck at the HTC bootscreen.

I was able to get into recovery, wiped everything and I tried installing FRESH ROM. It said 'successful' and then rebooted and the screen was just black. I went back into recovery and noticed the status is S-ON.

I downloaded the newest JB RUU but it won't detect the device as I cant boot into the OS.

What do I do?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My friends phone is an EVO LTE and it was rooted with a ROM and TWRP and HBOOT 1.15.

For some reason....He installed the system update from Sprint and rebooted the phone and wiped Cache, Dalvik and System. Then he reset the phone and it got stuck at the HTC bootscreen.

I was able to get into recovery, wiped everything and I tried installing FRESH ROM. It said 'successful' and then rebooted and the screen was just black. I went back into recovery and noticed the status is S-ON.

I downloaded the newest JB RUU but it won't detect the device as I cant boot into the OS.

What do I do?
You need to re-lock the bootloader to run a RUU
OTA updates will not take or work with a custom recovery installed
With s-on you might need to flash the boot.img when you flashed Fresh rom, This is why you make a nand backup so when things go wrong you can restore your backup and be up and running

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty