Why htc over all others?

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
I left HTC when my Thunderbolt contract was up and went with the Note 2. The non removable battery and no expandable storage on the DNA was a deal breaker for me.

I LOVE the Note 2. Better than any of my previous HTC devices. I'm pretty brand loyal, and never considered anything other than HTC prior to this switch. I'm glad I made an exception. This phone is exceptional!

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Android Central Forums

And you're in the evo forum why?

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
And you're in the evo forum why?

Because the thread was in my list of new topics and the question was about HTC. Is there some rule that prohibits me from participating? Why does it bother you?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
I left the evo 4g for the skyrocket because the vivid wasn't appealing and HTC has a ways to go on their developer relations. I love HTC but their offerings lately have been underwhelming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Because the thread was in my list of new topics and the question was about HTC. Is there some rule that prohibits me from participating? Why does it bother you?

You can be in any thread you want and I'm not going to lose sleep. But the note is kind of a sore spot right now in the evo forum world. I'm just recommending you tread lightly, people love the word "trolling" around here.

Personally I'm considering the note II myself so I'm glad to see another former HTC owner enjoying it.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
You can be in any thread you want and I'm not going to lose sleep. But the note is kind of a sore spot right now in the evo forum world. I'm just recommending you tread lightly, people love the word "trolling" around here.

Personally I'm considering the note II myself so I'm glad to see another former HTC owner enjoying it.

Was not aware of that. I suspect if I dig around a bit, I could learn more about the history.

I have no stake in what other people prefer to use. No phone is going to be the best fit for everyone. The question was asked, and as a previous HTC owner, and I responded. Never have understood why people have the need to "compete" over phones.

For "me", the Note 2 is the best phone out there. For someone else, it may not be. My user experience will not be changed, just because my phone isn't someone else's choice. :)

Hope I'm making sense. In other words, I didn't post initially to "flaunt" about my current choice of phone, but to respond to the OP's question about HTC.

It's a great brand and served me well. In a future upgrade, they may have an offering that woo's me back.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had many HTC devices... Hero ro evo to 3d to lte and I love Htc. The evo lte has most beautiful screen! And amazing camera! Amd I love sense.. howevee Htc just isnt same, times are changing and I decided to try s3.. a few things first off I noticed is very snappy, sd slot, better battery, true multitasking, and has more innovative features which is needing in such a competitive time in mobile world right now... thats really about all i like about Samsung. If Htc gets there updating problems together and multitasking ill come running back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I have had many HTC devices... Hero to evo to 3d to lte and I love Htc. The evo lte has most beautiful screen! And amazing camera! Amd I love sense.. howevee Htc just isnt same, times are changing and I decided to try s3.. a few things first off I noticed is very snappy, sd slot, better battery, true multitasking, and has more innovative features which is needing in such a competitive time in mobile world right now... thats really about all i like about Samsung. If Htc gets there updating problems together and multitasking ill come running back

croppz

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
The screen, build quality, and feel was the best imo on my dna. No sd or removable battery doesnt bug me since I came from crapple phones. Oh and sense is nice too.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have had many HTC devices... Hero ro evo to 3d to lte and I love Htc. The evo lte has most beautiful screen! And amazing camera! Amd I love sense.. howevee Htc just isnt same, times are changing and I decided to try s3.. a few things first off I noticed is very snappy, sd slot, better battery, true multitasking, and has more innovative features which is needing in such a competitive time in mobile world right now... thats really about all i like about Samsung. If Htc gets there updating problems together and multitasking ill come running back

I don't get these kinds of statements. The HTC EVO 4G LTE has an SD card slot and multitasking is exactly the same as my kids GS3s. As for updates you are always going to be at the whim of the manufacturer and your carrier. The EVO LTE got Jelly Bean just a couple months behind the GS3, which is almost nothing... I know the 3D took forever to get ICS, but look at some of the older samsung phones like the Epic 4G, that was all but abandoned.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't get these kinds of statements. The HTC EVO 4G LTE has an SD card slot and multitasking is exactly the same as my kids GS3s. As for updates you are always going to be at the whim of the manufacturer and your carrier. The EVO LTE got Jelly Bean just a couple months behind the GS3, which is almost nothing... I know the 3D took forever to get ICS, but look at some of the older samsung phones like the Epic 4G, that was all but abandoned.

No multitasking is different, it's broken on sense, and yeah it got jb but buggy

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
No multitasking is different, it's broken on sense, and yeah it got jb but buggy

I'll second the multitasking comment, I don't know if it's less ram or bad memory management by sense, or sense just takes up too much memory (Actually it's probably all 3) but it definitely leaves something to be desired.

And yeah we don't get any bug fixes with the evo, just a major release for the sake of pr. HTC only really cares about the DNA, and the m7, assuming the DNA hasn't already been forgotten for whatever phone they'll release the week after the m7...

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'll second the multitasking comment, I don't know if it's less ram or bad memory management by sense, or sense just takes up too much memory (Actually it's probably all 3) but it definitely leaves something to be desired.

Again I ask, what is broken?

What I want is a step-by-step example of what you can do on a gs3 that you can't do on an Evo. If it's as bad as you two are saying, this should be easy to define.

Just saying "it's broken" for or "leaves something to be desired" means nothing.

Photon4glover

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Say I'm on browser looking at androidcentral then get a text and goto text when I come back to browser it refreshes page versuses pausing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Say I'm on browser looking at androidcentral then get a text and goto text when I come back to browser it refreshes page versuses pausing

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That works just fine for me. Are you using stock browser? I use dolphin and I flip back and forth from it to texting, facebook, and email all the time. It never refreshes.

So Cold

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Again I ask, what is broken?

What I want is a step-by-step example of what you can do on a gs3 that you can't do on an Evo. If it's as bad as you two are saying, this should be easy to define.

Just saying "it's broken" for or "leaves something to be desired" means nothing.

"Broken" = It don't work :)

Like Photon4glover said apps seem to reload more often than not. I'm not sure in what other way multitasking could be broken or not broken...

And I'm pretty sure I never said I have a gs3 or want a gs3, my comment was only that multitasking could stand to be improved upon. People really hate samsung around here...

Did Sammy come into your house and kick your dog or steal your ice cream?

aviatordoc

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
My EVO has been sent in for the 2 nd time now for repair/replacement and have a Samsung Galaxy as temp.
Its fine but I do like the feel and the screen of my HTC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa