64 gb micro for 4G LTE?

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have a 64 gb micro xd card working on their HTC EVO 4G LTE? I want to buy one but dont want to root or alter anything on the phone.

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
it will not see it. you could format it to 32gigs and it would see it but why do that? some of the newest phones can access 64gig cards

Mark Zagotti

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Did you format the micro card after you put it in the phone or just pop it in and it was good to go?

Sent from my GT-P6210 using Android Central Forums

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I have had a 64gb class 10 SanDisk in mine for about 6 months now without issue. Unrooted/unmessed around with. Can't move much more to it than pictures and music, but that's all I need it for.

No need to format it. Just pop it in, turn the phone on and it will figure itself out.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Good to hear, Mark. Now make sure that your camera is set to save images and video to the SD card and enjoy!

gsuemnic

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I have had a 64gb class 10 SanDisk in mine for about 6 months now without issue. Unrooted/unmessed around with. Can't move much more to it than pictures and music, but that's all I need it for.

No need to format it. Just pop it in, turn the phone on and it will figure itself out.

Once the top cover is removed, is the card slot visible and a breeze to install ? I've read the cover is difficult to put back on ?

TonyLibations

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You mean the card slot is on the INside. It's very easy to install and remove. I like to turn mine off when doing so, but it's not required.

theob_gyn88

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I've had my 64GB MicroSD Card for 11/2 years, now. Never had any problems, until I downloaded the latest OTA update. Now, my card unexpectedly unmounts all the time!!