4.3 RUU download link for the HTC Evo 4G LTE

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
"erasing your internal storage" is this equivalent to a factory reset? ie are all my apps settings etc gone? even one i have migrated to my SD card storage? Just curious how much work it will take to get my phone running again.... How does this affect google wallet? i recall some time ago that there was some issues with updates and google wallet being bricked if you didnt disconnect it from your account.
Not sure about Google Wallet, never used it. Before you download and update your phone go into backup and reset under settings and make sure auto back up is checked and App Data and setting restore is checked. You should hit the back up now button. I think HTC backs it up to a folder in my Drop box account. This makes it almost automatic to restore your phone afterwards. It re downloads your apps and resets your settings and mail setting automatically, including widgets and wallpaper. I had to re set some of my notification sounds, but I think my custom ringtone was there already... I was really impressed how easy it was.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
i go through all the steps but as soon as it says searching for bootloader and the screen goes to a grey HTC screen it says my USB is not recognized and stops the update

Are you using windows 8 or 7? I was having same issue with windows 8. when I used W7, it worked just fine, (assuming you have the latest drivers installed).. As mentioned above, go to device manager on your computer and make sure you update the driver for the EVO

92turbo2

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
got my phone all taken care of and running 4.3, i went to a sprint retailer and they reflashed my phone free of charge and i also found out they can root your phone free of charge,

4.3 looks a lot better on my evo then 4.1 IMHO and its a helluva lot speedier

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't have a "Backup Now" button nor an option setting where to back up to.
Not sure if I did before I updated, but obviously the phone was backing itself up to my HTC cloud account. After the update and you're promted to set the phone up HTC comes up and asks if you want to do it from scratch or from your account. Just log in and it takes care of the rest.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
got my phone all taken care of and running 4.3, i went to a sprint retailer and they reflashed my phone free of charge and i also found out they can root your phone free of charge,

4.3 looks a lot better on my evo then 4.1 IMHO and its a helluva lot speedier

And do you have roaming data?

jregan68

Jan 9, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem with roaming data that I had with the trial. No matter what settings I select, I still do not have roaming data. Roaming voice works just fine. I have emailed HTC and I hope they will send out a fix soon.

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else had an issue with accessing the stock Sprint voicemail? I can leave myself a message but it never shows up in voicemail.
Nevermind. Did a simple reboot and all is well. :)

stlrfan78

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
so , i use roaming data maybe once a month or so, is it a deal breaker to downlaod this if data roaming doesnt work? are they fixing this issue? im not downloading until they get a fix unless its just too awesome of an improvement to wait on.
so , is it a great update?

is it seriously a 2 hour download on my win.7 laptop?

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
so , i use roaming data maybe once a month or so, is it a deal breaker to downlaod this if data roaming doesnt work? are they fixing this issue? im not downloading until they get a fix unless its just too awesome of an improvement to wait on.
so , is it a great update?
The Sprint network is getting so much better and I'm getting 4G in places I wouldn't expect, so roaming is usually only for a short time while I'm driving in between Sprint towers. Most roaming data is so restricted and slow anyways, it drives me crazy. For now not a deal breaker. Not really sure they are working on a fix. The update is fun, but not a giant super fun step up for me, but I like it, and I can't roll it back without rooting anyways, so I'm going to enjoy what I have for now. My consolation is I'm eligible for an upgrade and plan to get the new HTC One+ in a couple of months when it comes out...

stlrfan78

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
cool. im on wifi 95% of the time anyway, just when i go to the inlaws farm, im in roaming, im due for an upgrade May 1st. gonna be looking hard at the new HTC and samsung s5

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
The Sprint network is getting so much better and I'm getting 4G in places I wouldn't expect, so roaming is usually only for a short time while I'm driving in between Sprint towers. Most roaming data is so restricted and slow anyways, it drives me crazy. For now not a deal breaker. Not really sure they are working on a fix. The update is fun, but not a giant super fun step up for me, but I like it, and I can't roll it back without rooting anyways, so I'm going to enjoy what I have for now. My consolation is I'm eligible for an upgrade and plan to get the new HTC One+ in a couple of months when it comes out...

Yes! HTC is working on roaming for data and the busted live wallpapers! I have 2 tweets from HTC indicating they are trying to fix this. "The guy in charge" will follow up with me shortly. Fingers are crossed. This is surely solvable. Don't give up the ship so early in the game. Again, I hope this can be an OTA fix rather than running another RUU and having to wipe out the phone for a third time. However, I do like the HTC backup with this 4.3 where all programs and settings are backed up to Dropbox. Made the 2nd RUU more bearable.

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes! HTC is working on roaming for data and the busted live wallpapers! I have 2 tweets from HTC indicating they are trying to fix this. "The guy in charge" will follow up with me shortly. Fingers are crossed. This is surely solvable. Don't give up the ship so early in the game. Again, I hope this can be an OTA fix rather than running another RUU and having to wipe out the phone for a third time. However, I do like the HTC backup with this 4.3 where all programs and settings are backed up to Dropbox. Made the 2nd RUU more bearable.
I'm not giving up on a fix. I've emailed Jason and Mo at HTC and both have been good about getting back to me. The HTC back up has made this whole RUU thing very easy..... I'll be fine until the new One+ comes out......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nayminthuyain888