4.3 RUU download link for the HTC Evo 4G LTE

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
my install crapped out the first time... it sat at the black HTC screen for about 40 minutes until i:

1. unplugged the phone,
  2. rebooted (sim battery pull)
  3. rebooted the pc
  4. changed usb cord to different port
  5. relaunched the install

13 minutes later, viola! it's a brand new phone.

i never have done anything more involved than resetting to factory, so i was a newbie to something like this.

Jeff Harris

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
OK, finally was able to do the update last night. not a huge change, but hope it stops some of the issues i was having. looks nice though..... it'll get me by until may 1st.
what should i get may 1st?
samsung s5
htc one or m8
note 3
????????

May 25, 2012
Visit site
OK, finally was able to do the update last night. not a huge change, but hope it stops some of the issues i was having. looks nice though..... it'll get me by until may 1st.
what should i get may 1st?
samsung s5
htc one or m8
note 3
????????

I'm due for an upgrade already but am waiting to see what the M8 has to offer. Not a fan of the plastic S5 build so hoping to stick with HTC. Also, I've read the Sony Xperia Z2 will be out by May and that is one impressive sounding phone spec-wise.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
Any word on an update for the Roaming Data issue? I tend to need roaming data from time to tme and this is kind of a deal breaker for me applying this update at the moment. I "could" get by with it, but would prefer not to.

CountryDevil

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site
My battery life and device volume seems to have been negatively impacted by this update. Has anyone else noticed this?

Have you tired a factory reset after you applied the update? I know that seem kind of redundant since this update wipes things out, but at this point is wold not hurt to try. Just asking since most issues after a large update that I have had in the past has been resolved by doing a factory reset.

bigdatl

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you tired a factory reset after you applied the update? I know that seem kind of redundant since this update wipes things out, but at this point is wold not hurt to try. Just asking since most issues after a large update that I have had in the past has been resolved by doing a factory reset.

I did perform a Factory Reset. However I am wondering if I got the final build. It seems like there was as someone put it "the final final build" Does anyone know where I can get that? I didn't see anything on HTC's website. What i have is this "RUU_JEWEL_CL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_Sprint_WWE_4.13.651.3_Radio_1.13.11.1105_NV_3.02_003_PRL25007_release_353492_signed_one_step" Minus the quotes of course.

Captain_Throwback

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
I did perform a Factory Reset. However I am wondering if I got the final build. It seems like there was as someone put it "the final final build" Does anyone know where I can get that? I didn't see anything on HTC's website. What i have is this "RUU_JEWEL_CL_JB43_SENSE50_MR_Sprint_WWE_4.13.651.3_Radio_1.13.11.1105_NV_3.02_003_PRL25007_release_353492_signed_one_step" Minus the quotes of course.
That's the final build.

beetex

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Check your volume in the settings, I had that problem and found the volume levels limited in settings and it fixed my problem.

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
My battery life and device volume seems to have been negatively impacted by this update. Has anyone else noticed this?

I have absolutely terrible battery life after the update. My phone with almost no use, is already at 55% after 3 hours off the charger. I've had the update almost a week, so I would assume it would have "settled" like others have said. Would a factory reset really help?

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My interpretation of the RUU trial from 2-3 weeks ago is that it was a trial of updating via computer. Mo Versi and Jason Mackenzie and Martin Filcher of HTC all know that data roaming doesn't work. All 3 told me they are still working on this, although I have heard nothing in 10 days. I will pester them again next week if there is no new RUU. It's a good start, even with the problems forum members have had. I have the RUU and if the HTC download site is not back up next week, I will ask for permission to post the RUU on Dropbox or somewhere else. The only explanation for why the RUU download site is down is that they are working on fixing some issues. I hope a better RUU is available soon. Keep the faith.

top magoo

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
i upgraded to this version a few weeks ago, and love it so far. but...
yesterday, i was having a bit of problems with my mobile data connection losing connectivity (not the roaming problem). i had tried updating the prl and profile earlier in the day via the "sprint zone" app. with the previous version of the os, i would use the ##72786# fix and would be back in action. i tried that with this version and it was not cool at all. the verbiage had changed quite a bit, but i thought it was just a change in the upgrade. apparently, it wiped out my phone's activation. i tried to make a phone call afterwards and the voice recording said that i had to activate my device.

i called sprint and they pushed the "communication drivers"(?) and was back to normal.

my question is, has anyone used this ##72786# fix successfully? is there another number sequence i should use or choose different options?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non