Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

Default 4.3 RUU download link for the HTC Evo 4G LTE

Here's a direct link to the 4.3 Sense 5 RUU
    http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_J...d_one_step.exe
    sent to me by Mo Versi of HTC
    Thanked by 2:
    crxssi and Active_Matrix like this.

Default re: 4.3 RUU download link for the HTC Evo 4G LTE

Thanks for sharing.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

I am the Tegra Champ. What this means is that from time to time NVIDIA might send me new products to try out. This will not affect my thoughts, ideas, or opinions about any product that are discussed in the forums. Those are still my own.

Unable to add additional email accounts to native email launcher.
    Last edited by 541rrhse; 02-18-2014 at 09:06 PM.
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon
    Linux: The power beneath

Global Posts
    2,412 Global Posts

Does this mean it is official now or not? If it is official, are there official installation instructions to go with it? Perhaps an announcement by HTC?

Seems like there are some serious bugs with data roaming, dialer, live wallpapers, perhaps non-Gmail Email.... hard to know if this is something I would recommend to everyone yet. Wait for an update to the update?? Thoughts?
    Click "Thanks" and/or "Like" button on posts where someone helped you or you liked the posting. Nexus 5 (T-Mobile), Nexus 10, Evo LTE, Evo 3D, Evo 4G

Quote Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
    Does this mean it is official now or not? If it is official, are there official installation instructions to go with it? Perhaps an announcement by HTC?

Seems like there are some serious bugs with data roaming, dialer, live wallpapers, perhaps non-Gmail Email.... hard to know if this is something I would recommend to everyone yet. Wait for an update to the update?? Thoughts?
    This is supposed to be the final update. I'm waiting to see if the bugs are worked out as far as data roaming. The dialer is different, but I'm learning to get around on it. I did like the old one better. As far as the live wall papers, don't use them and maybe they just changed what was usable... Two out of three mail clients I use are not Gmail and they work normally.
    crxssi likes this.

Global Posts
    162 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mfreeland View Post
    This is supposed to be the final update. I'm waiting to see if the bugs are worked out as far as data roaming. The dialer is different, but I'm learning to get around on it. I did like the old one better. As far as the live wall papers, don't use them and maybe they just changed what was usable... Two out of three mail clients I use are not Gmail and they work normally.
    If data roaming isn't fixed, I am going to get a new phone since I am eligible for an update. On the other hand, that should be an easy OTA fix. 3 live wallpapers are still botched; they just won't load. I am using Muzei now, anyway, but those wallpapers work just fine on the rest of the family's HTC One phones. Dialer is the same as the HTC One. It works.

Quote Originally Posted by jwbekens View Post
    If data roaming isn't fixed, I am going to get a new phone since I am eligible for an update. On the other hand, that should be an easy OTA fix. 3 live wallpapers are still botched; they just won't load. I am using Muzei now, anyway, but those wallpapers work just fine on the rest of the family's HTC One phones. Dialer is the same as the HTC One. It works.
    I'm eligible for a new phone too, but am hoping to wait for the new one(+) to come out.

I'm using gmail app instead now. My phone is much smoother and battery life has been so much better!
    Sensorly --- Signal Check Pro --- Root Metrics

Bend, Oregon

Just confirmed....NO ROAMING DATA.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 Stable

Default Re: 4.3 RUU download link for the HTC Evo 4G LTE

Just confirmed....NO ROAMING DATA.
    that may be a bug and what not but may also be a good thing, no?
    Moto Q9C------->Palm PRE------->Palm PRE--------->EVO 4G------>EVO 4G LTE------>HTC One M8

Are phone contacts , and photo's erased in the update process?

Quote Originally Posted by foxbat View Post
    Are phone contacts , and photo's erased in the update process?

Only if the photos are stored on internal memory could they be destroyed. If they're on the SD card then just pull it out to be safe.
    Phone contacts will be intact as long as you back them up via google. Just go to https://www.google.com/contacts to see if your contacts are listed there.

Thank you ,

Quote Originally Posted by jmartinbsu View Post
    Only if the photos are stored on internal memory could they be destroyed. If they're on the SD card then just pull it out to be safe.
    Phone contacts will be intact as long as you back them up via google. Just go to https://www.google.com/contacts to see if your contacts are listed there.

Quote Originally Posted by jmartinbsu View Post
    Export them to your SD card. Import them back after the update. Works better than Google for me...

Quote Originally Posted by 92turbo2 View Post
    that may be a bug and what not but may also be a good thing, no?
    Not a good thing in my business. I've emailed Mo and Jason at HTC, so we'll see...

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 Stable

my computer keep booting off the connection and i cannot finish the update and help
    Moto Q9C------->Palm PRE------->Palm PRE--------->EVO 4G------>EVO 4G LTE------>HTC One M8

Quote Originally Posted by 92turbo2 View Post
    my computer keep booting off the connection and i cannot finish the update and help
    From my experience: Use a W7 machine. Open the device manager with the phone plugged in and update the android driver until it say MyHTC. Re start the phone into Bootloader and press Fast Boot. (See above instructions). Run RUU. If it doesn't work, run it again. Took me three tries last night.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 Stable

From my experience: Use a W7 machine. Open the device manager with the phone plugged in and update the android driver until it say MyHTC. Re start the phone into Bootloader and press Fast Boot. (See above instructions). Run RUU. If it doesn't work, run it again. Took me three tries last night.
    my evo will power on but it will get stuck at the white HTC screen, i can get into the bootloader but everything leads to the stalled HTC screen and now if i plug this into my computer nothing pops up to access the SD card so cant really do anything

"erasing your internal storage" is this equivalent to a factory reset? ie are all my apps settings etc gone? even one i have migrated to my SD card storage? Just curious how much work it will take to get my phone running again.... How does this affect google wallet? i recall some time ago that there was some issues with updates and google wallet being bricked if you didnt disconnect it from your account.
    Thanked by:
    bc2k 

i go through all the steps but as soon as it says searching for bootloader and the screen goes to a grey HTC screen it says my USB is not recognized and stops the update

Quote Originally Posted by slinkeril View Post
    "erasing your internal storage" is this equivalent to a factory reset? ie are all my apps settings etc gone? even one i have migrated to my SD card storage? Just curious how much work it will take to get my phone running again.... How does this affect google wallet? i recall some time ago that there was some issues with updates and google wallet being bricked if you didnt disconnect it from your account.
    Not sure about Google Wallet, never used it. Before you download and update your phone go into backup and reset under settings and make sure auto back up is checked and App Data and setting restore is checked. You should hit the back up now button. I think HTC backs it up to a folder in my Drop box account. This makes it almost automatic to restore your phone afterwards. It re downloads your apps and resets your settings and mail setting automatically, including widgets and wallpaper. I had to re set some of my notification sounds, but I think my custom ringtone was there already... I was really impressed how easy it was.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by jaywoolfork View Post
    i go through all the steps but as soon as it says searching for bootloader and the screen goes to a grey HTC screen it says my USB is not recognized and stops the update
    Are you using windows 8 or 7? I was having same issue with windows 8. when I used W7, it worked just fine, (assuming you have the latest drivers installed).. As mentioned above, go to device manager on your computer and make sure you update the driver for the EVO

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

...You should hit the back up now button...
    I don't have a "Backup Now" button nor an option setting where to back up to.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7.2 Stable

got my phone all taken care of and running 4.3, i went to a sprint retailer and they reflashed my phone free of charge and i also found out they can root your phone free of charge,

4.3 looks a lot better on my evo then 4.1 IMHO and its a helluva lot speedier

Quote Originally Posted by CMercs View Post
    I don't have a "Backup Now" button nor an option setting where to back up to.
    Not sure if I did before I updated, but obviously the phone was backing itself up to my HTC cloud account. After the update and you're promted to set the phone up HTC comes up and asks if you want to do it from scratch or from your account. Just log in and it takes care of the rest.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast