Can't install 4.3 RUU on Windows 7 and 8.1

Adriel Romo

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Can someone please help me out? I ran the RUU.exe on both Windows 7 and 8.1 and the install shield pops up getting ready to install and when the bar reaches the end it just closes and nothing ever happens. How do you get passed this?

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Can someone please help me out? I ran the RUU.exe on both Windows 7 and 8.1 and the install shield pops up getting ready to install and when the bar reaches the end it just closes and nothing ever happens. How do you get passed this?

I'm having trouble too. This is my setup:

Computer side:
Ruu downloaded
Windows Vista
HTC sync installed and running

Phone side:
Plugged in via usb
USB debugging checked
Install from unknown sources checked
HTC sync manager checked (not disk drive)

I then open my download folder on my computer and double click the Ruu. Like the OP stated, the install shield looks like it's getting ready to install. However, when the bar reaches the end, the install shield closes and does nothing.

Either I'm doing something wrong or I'm missing a step. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Posted via Android Central App

92turbo2

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i will elaborate a little better, my computer (windows 8.1) keep saying device has malfuctioned and does not recognize this device and automatically ejects the phone and stop the update

akwaris

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
okay so got it to work, and now HTC has just bricked my phone, officially done with HTC, waste of my damn time
wait what. im having the same issue as OP but what do you mean that "it worked then your phone bricked". I also emailed htc this is what they said

Please reboot your device into the Bootloader/HBoot screen. Slide the Notifications panel open, tap Settings > Power, clear the Fast Boot check box, and then power off your phone. With the device turned off, press and hold the Volume Down button and then press and hold the Power button. Wait for the screen with three Android images to appear and then release the Volume Down and Power buttons.

Use the Volume Down button to scroll to and highlight Fastboot and then press the Power button to select the option. Please connect your phone to a main USB port of your computer using the supplied USB cable. When the drivers are finished installing, the device will change to “Fastboot USB.”

Please download and open the RUU and then click Next on the Welcome screen to begin the RUU installation. Please note that this will permanently erase all installed programs and data files on your phone; you will therefore want to first back up your files.

Please disable the standby and hibernation features of the computer and make sure your phone’s battery power is over 30 percent. Place a check in the box and click Next to proceed. A verification process will follow and then you should see information about your phone and a prompt to update. Follow the prompts to continue the update. Please do not unplug your phone, use the computer, or allow the computer to go into “sleep” mode; or your device could be rendered inoperable. When the process is complete, please click Finish to exit the utility and allow your phone to reboot.

92turbo2

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
i cant do any of that as the phone does not have a image installed

the RUU said congratulations you are updated, the phone restarted and boom stalls on the HTC screen

elfuego

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why this happens on some computers. It took me multiple tries in 2 computers. I gave up, then on my 3rd computer (at work), it worked like a charm on the 1st try. Go figure. Hopefully someone will figure this out.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87