How to restore htc sense Widgets on evolved rom?

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
So I installed the evolved rom on my phone and I was up pretty late, wasn't really paying attention and I accidentlt deleted the htc sense widgets somehow lol... (Like the little switches for gpa, wimax, wifi, bookmarks, etc.)

I did a quick search on how to get them back and all I found was that I could wipe the delvik cache three times and then reflash the rom..

Any idea what the best way is to get the hidgets back? If I wipe delvik and reflash will I have any issues since I don't wipe the user or cache too?

Thanks for the help!

sent from the palm of my hand with an Evo 4G

dizzle16

May 4, 2011
Visit site
How did you delete them. If you still have the option to hit personalize>Widgets>HTC Widgets> you can redownload them from HTC hub. If not then I would try wiping cache AND doing factory reset/wipe data and reflash rom. If that doesn't work then you had to have used something like root explorer to delete files. Now if that's the case you should know that you don't go deleting files without knowing what you're doing. If you're not sure if you can delete a file, ask the forum community. Deleting system files is for knowledgeable users otherwise a person will find themselves in a situation like yours. And if you didnt know not to delete a file you're not sure about until you are sure...then now you do lol (unfortunately you learned the hard way). If you didn't go exploring files then clearing cache and data and reflashing Rom should restore those because they come with rom.

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled them using the settings, manage apps... I know how to use root explorer since I used that on the stock rom to remove the bloatware.. but I have not used root explorer with this rom...

Again I was practically asleep when I uninstalled the item from the app list lol. An unfortunate mistake to say the least ha.

Looks like I'll be good with just doing a reflash then. Thanks for the advice!

sent from the palm of my hand with my Evo 4G

SuperWario89

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Also, when I try to create an account for htc sense using htc hub I get a message saying that an account could not be created for this phone.. any else ever get that before?

sent from the palm of my hand with my Evo 4G

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Just pull them out of the zip that the rom is packaged in. They will be in the system app directory. Then put them in the system app with root explorer.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Reactions: SuperWario89

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa