Returning my EVO maybe?

laraiza

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
What r the chances of returning a rooted phone to best buy and getting denied.

My phone is rooted but it is defective I think and my local best buy said they have quite a few in stock now. Problem is will they give me crap when exchanging if they noticed it has been rooted. I currently don't have a windows computer to revert back to stock but I'm thinking about just giving it a try as is and hope they don't notice. Anyone done this with best buy yet? Can HTC or Sprint bill me down the road for the full price if they find out it was rooted?

Last edited:

tntsniper#CB

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My phone is rooted but it is defective I think and my local best buy said they have quite a few in stock now. Problem is will they give me crap when exchanging if they noticed it has been rooted. I currently don't have a windows computer to revert back to stock but I'm thinking about just giving it a try as is and hope they don't notice. Anyone done this with best buy yet? Can HTC or Sprint bill me down the road for the full price if they find out it was rooted?

Chances are, they'll have no idea. Don't say anything obviously, but they'll most likely not know. Every smartphone I've owned I've rooted and I've returned several rooted and never had an issue.

chaosrecords

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
The reps are retarded that work there.

I guarantee if you go to best buy and ask 50 of the 54 people on the sales floor what rooted is none of them would know.

Not to mention they just dont care All they need to verify is that the phone turns on, theres no physical damage, and no water damage and its under 30 days and its good to go!

It will end up in a carton in a warehouse where they will mass process and flash the things without even looking at them, then sort working ones for refurbs and broken ones for parts for thier service centers.

laraiza

Dec 13, 2009
Visit site
I just swapped out my Evo for another at Best Buy with no questions asked. It was too easy. Now I have a new Evo and Im ready to root this one again! :cool:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa