Can someone explain?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
What is the point of a nand unlock? I am assuming that is where the firmware is stored and that you need it unlocked to flash it with a new ROM. I am running Damage Control, do I have my nand unlocked. I just want to make sure I did this rooting thing correctly before problems start to arise.

Tattrpuff

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Wow you made it all the way to flashing a rom and you don't understand if you have nand unlocked...the good thing is you must follow instructions really well, but what your reading must not stick in your head. ;) Yes you have nand unlocked. Essentially nand is your devices internal storage...having access to this..."unlocked" allows you to write roms and change system files.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow you made it all the way to flashing a rom and you don't understand if you have nand unlocked...the good thing is you must follow instructions really well, but what your reading must not stick in your head. ;) Yes you have nand unlocked. Essentially nand is your devices internal storage...having access to this..."unlocked" allows you to write roms and change system files.

Yeah, I am used to checklists (Flying) so following instructions is what I do best. I just wanted to get a firmer understanding of what i am doing here, before I do more. Can you link me to a thread with a lot of info?

One thing the tutorial didn't tell me to do was how to use the command prompt to navigate to the tools directory in the android sdk. luckily I already knew the "cd" command :). newbies might be interested in that tidbit of info.

Also, does the NAND unlock stick no matter what i do to it?

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I am used to checklists (Flying) so following instructions is what I do best. I just wanted to get a firmer understanding of what i am doing here, before I do more. Can you link me to a thread with a lot of info?

One thing the tutorial didn't tell me to do was how to use the command prompt to navigate to the tools directory in the android sdk. luckily I already knew the "cd" command :). newbies might be interested in that tidbit of info.

Also, does the NAND unlock stick no matter what i do to it?

It will stay unlocked till you unroot

t0ast3d

Banned
Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Thank you. Is there a faster way to flash a new ROM than putting it manually on my SD card and rebooting into recovery? What is the difference between Recovery and the bootloader?

The only other way is to use ROM manager, and to use that you have to have ClockWork recovery.

Bootloader is just a program that runs test and puts the OS into memory

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38