EVO 4G Root help

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me. I was wondering what the most stable rom out there for a rooted Evo is at this time? Also, when all of the Sprint bloatware is removed, roughly how much usable storage is there for apps? I know that the stock apps take up a lot of room. Does everything work as normal and is the phone smooth and snappy? Any additional info would be appreciated. One more thing....is there rooted roms for ICS? Sorry, I am new to rooting...LOL Thanks for your help in advance.:eek:

Sent from my A200 using Android Central Forums

dwr3ck3d

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone could answer a few questions for me. I was wondering what the most stable rom out there for a rooted Evo is at this time? Also, when all of the Sprint bloatware is removed, roughly how much usable storage is there for apps? I know that the stock apps take up a lot of room. Does everything work as normal and is the phone smooth and snappy? Any additional info would be appreciated. One more thing....is there rooted roms for ICS? Sorry, I am new to rooting...LOL Thanks for your help in advance.:eek:

Sent from my A200 using Android Central Forums

I am new to rooting as well. I rooted everything fine and now I run Cyanogen Mod 7.2, which sometimes can be slow. It is still better than the system that comes with the phone. Much nicer layout as well. I don't think the bloatware really gives you that much space, but I have noticed that I have a lot more free space now. I think that is from the fact that I didn't redownload all the stupid apps that I never used. There are ICS roms, but I couldn't tell you the best ones or anything like that. I'm going to be trying a different rom soon to test out the waters. I did find this rom list today... check it here.

Here is the guide I used to root my phone. Goes step-by-step and made it really easy to do.

Sorry I couldn't be much help, but thought I'd throw my two cents out there since I'm not sure how active this forum is anymore.

dwr3ck3d

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Just flashed a new rom last night... MazWoz Jellybean 4.1.2

I highly recommend this one. At least over Cyanogenmod 7.2. Works smooth and flawlessly so far. The only downside is no 4G, but I use wifi most of the time so it's not as much of an issue for me. The great thing about rooting is that you can change roms any time and can find the one that works best for you. Happy rooting!

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Decks Reloaded is a very stable and fast AOSP ROM.

MikG 3.11 is a very stable sense ROM.

There are many more as posted above but these are 2 you may want to try

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38