Custom roms and the OTA froyo update

IronEddie

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I am running RVU 1.3.2 and my device is not finding the update. Is it because of the rom or has the update not been released in my area yet? I'm in Newport Beach Ca.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I am running RVU 1.3.2 and my device is not finding the update. Is it because of the rom or has the update not been released in my area yet? I'm in Newport Beach Ca.

No offence to you but all these Threads about the same exact krap are getting annoying...

Since your root Wait for the Root version of the Froyo update to come out then flash...

You wont lose root that way and its alot easier for the rest of the community...

TehMan

Jul 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
No offence to you but all these Threads about the same exact krap are getting annoying...

Since your root Wait for the Root version of the Froyo update to come out then flash...

You wont lose root that way and its alot easier for the rest of the community...

^this!

or go with a 2.2 ROM that has been posted here

IronEddie

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
It was a very simple question sorry to ruin your day.

For others with a similar dilemma, I loaded my original backup and the update popped right up.

IronEddie

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
No one can ruin my day... :p

I just keep posting the same thing...

I hear ya. I try and search before posting and if I don't find similar problems ill post. I was hoping to update ota and run stock froyo for a while, knowing that I will lose root.

You guys are great help for noobs and I know I appreciate your help.

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
yeah, i know lol...but i'm glad you're doing it so i don't have to make an attempt at it lol

lol...

Funny part is my Admin friends from another site lurk here and thought that whole convo is hilarious... :cool:

Last edited:

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Nobody's crying! It's just dumb that there's like 5 threads saying the same basic thing...... if you want to keep root, exercise your little clicker finger and go to xda developers website. Once there, you can select from several 2.2 roms based on the new release ota. The point is we don't want to see our people download the ota, lose root and then come back on here asking how to get it back.

Attacking d3xn2o isn't going to help anything.

IronEddie

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Nobody's crying! It's just dumb that there's like 5 threads saying the same basic thing...... if you want to keep root, exercise your little clicker finger and go to xda developers website. Once there, you can select from several 2.2 roms based on the new release ota. The point is we don't want to see our people download the ota, lose root and then come back on here asking how to get it back.

That's not even what I was asking about. I was running the latest rvu Rom and the update was not showing up when I checked. All I wanted to know was whether the Rom was causing the update to be unavailable or if it had not been released in my area. How was that not clear?

bagger

May 7, 2010
Visit site
My point is why would you be looking for the ota if you have root? Just go to xda and get the stock root version if that's what floats your boat right now.... just seems counter-productive for a fellow rom flasher to possibly kill the fun.

barleysoda

Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
That's not even what I was asking about. I was running the latest rvu Rom and the update was not showing up when I checked. All I wanted to know was whether the Rom was causing the update to be unavailable or if it had not been released in my area. How was that not clear?

Look bro the question is mute and you know it. You can't ask a question that while in of itself seems straight to the point yet obviously to the techie or fact minded is only the precursor to an action that absolutely defys rational thought in a forum consisting of tech geeks whose every thought is based on science, technology and reasoning.

There is no one in the Dev. Community that can wrap their minds around giving up root to obtain an update that is already offered in its entirety as a Rom for the rooted phone. It makes exactly the same sense as having a hole in your boat and then drilling another hole to let the water out and then asking in a boat captains forum if the reason it didn't work was because the drill bit was the wrong size.

Reactions: d3xn2o

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I try and be polite you're still crying. Not cool.

Totally not crying... you can do whatever you want... but if you lose root dont come crying to us about how to get it back...

"SEARCH" and "Check Stickies"

That will be the Responses you get...

Thx for the Support... :cool:

Look bro the question is mute and you know it. You can't ask a question that while in of itself seems straight to the point yet obviously to the techie or fact minded is only the precursor to an action that absolutely defys rational thought in a forum consisting of tech geeks whose every thought is based on science, technology and reasoning.

There is no one in the Dev. Community that can wrap their minds around giving up root to obtain an update that is already offered in its entirety as a Rom for the rooted phone. It makes exactly the same sense as having a hole in your boat and then drilling another hole to let the water out and then asking in a boat captains forum if the reason it didn't work was because the drill bit was the wrong size.

Very well said... you get Rep points now... :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non