Mystery Update

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Cool.....makes sense to me.....we'll keep an eye on it for a spell and see if Motorola runs an update. Maybe we'll go to their forum and throw a feeler out at them to, at the least, let them know their are some bugs as a result of the update.....Personally, as mentioned above, we think Moto just lags behind Android a bit.
The 14 Update did come through Moto, though, and it's possible they just didn't coordinate well. Samsung doesn't usually have these issues as the Android flagship, from what I've read.
It seems Moto is trying to move into the higher end realm, though.

I went with the Edge+ because it's closer to stock Android architecture. Just didn't want to go through learning curve of Samsung's One UI.

Thanks again.
It could happen to any Android manufacturer, I have Google pixels, Samsung, One Plus they all can get bugs like this , my pleasure to help as much as I can .

Timbo72

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
It could happen to any Android manufacturer, I have Google pixels, Samsung, One Plus they all can get bugs like this , my pleasure to help as much as I can .
Well, there apparently was something amiss with the Android 14 in place update.....
So, after exhausting all other efforts, the nuclear option was the only thing left.

Did a full back up, nuked with Factory Reset, a bit of lag with Google and their '2 Factor Authentication', and we were up and running- took about 30 minutes. All appears well now.

Seriously, Google needs to streamline their '2 Factor' architecture and bring some efficiency to that area. The internet is filled with issues regarding Google's methodology with their '2 Factor Authentication'....for a spell, they didn't recognize my Gmail address, nor Google PW....and their 'other options' were ludicrous, at best.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Tim

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Well, there apparently was something amiss with the Android 14 in place update.....
So, after exhausting all other efforts, the nuclear option was the only thing left.

Did a full back up, nuked with Factory Reset, a bit of lag with Google and their '2 Factor Authentication', and we were up and running- took about 30 minutes. All appears well now.

Seriously, Google needs to streamline their '2 Factor' architecture and bring some efficiency to that area. The internet is filled with issues regarding Google's methodology with their '2 Factor Authentication'....for a spell, they didn't recognize my Gmail address, nor Google PW....and their 'other options' were ludicrous, at best.

Thanks for everyone's input!

Tim
Thanks for updating us , yeah sucks you had to go for the nuke option but glad now it's ok.

Reactions: Timbo72

Timbo72

Dec 12, 2023
Visit site
Thanks for updating us , yeah sucks you had to go for the nuke option but glad now it's ok.
Ok....just started doing it again. No idea where in the system this is occurring. It's incredibly frustrating....by far the worst Android OS version we've ever encountered.

3-4 times, can't remember, we've done the nuclear option- factory reset, and it's a thorough PIA. Shouldn't have to continue doing this, and we're fairly certain we're not the only one dealing with this.

More complicated, feature laden OS's bring more problems, always. Common sense.
Nice going, Google.
Meanwhile, elsewhere on the web-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter