How to Install Roms help!!!

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I was trying to install some roms, I am very interested since I was able to the same on the Pre but I am clueless on how to do it for the Evo. I wanted to install Baked Snack 1.7 with Baked Kernel #6 and Smooth-Sense 1.0.2 I want to unlock the FPS and have the music streaming sound smoother, But I noticed that there is a bunch of links to click on and download. Can someone help me with a walk through and guide me on to which ones to download, thanks in advance.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Download ROM manager from the Market... Baked Snack 1.7 is apart of that app and it's like doing an OTA for the most part.. Really simple to use... Even ROM's not in the App you can download and move to your phone and then click "install from sd card" and your done.... Real easy and simple... Worth the $4.00 for the App....

31794ty

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to use Hboot to install the roms? It also says I need to wipe the phone, does Rom Manager do that for me? I have already run a Nand backup.

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Do I have to use Hboot to install the roms? It also says I need to wipe the phone, does Rom Manager do that for me? I have already run a Nand backup.

ROM manager doesn't, but it should give you an option to wipe when you go to install the ROM. It will reboot into the recovery (Clockwork, which you can flash from ROM manager) and it will wipe and install the ROM for you.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

What he said.... Yeah ROM manager gives you the option to wipe and back up your current ROM before flashing a new one but has nothing to do with the hboot file.... I rooted with unrevoked a couple of weeks ago and my hboot is .93 which won't allow me to flash CM6 as I need to be on hboot .76 instead... But I was able to flash Baked Snack and Vaelpak and I swap between those two ROM's as of right now...

I like the ROM manager... it makes flashing ROM's pretty simple... Not sure how the new unrevoked works as far as hboot file... Only ROM I can't flash (or ROM I have attempted to flash) is CM6.. But I am happy with Vaelpak and Baked Snack for sense and nonsense ROM's...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
How do I get all of contacts and apps back after I flash baked snack 1.7? I did a back up.

Hopefully you have all your contacts linked to your gmail account... If so once you wipe, flash and install the ROM you can just enter your gmail account info and it will all be good to go... As far as Apps.... I hear titanium is a great program to use for backing up your Apps.. Honestly when I wiped and flashed my first ROM I looked at my Apps and there was nothing really there I couldn't just reinstall with ease and a few I didn't care if I lost....

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
Download ROM manager from the Market... Baked Snack 1.7 is apart of that app and it's like doing an OTA for the most part.. Really simple to use... Even ROM's not in the App you can download and move to your phone and then click "install from sd card" and your done.... Real easy and simple... Worth the $4.00 for the App....

I downloaded the Rom Manager paid $4 for it but every time I click on "download Rom" it ask me to download clockrecovery I click on it and it says an error has occurred while trying to download flash recovery. i already have it rooted, I have the super user icon and my wifi tether works perfect. Can any one help???

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Hopefully you have all your contacts linked to your gmail account... If so once you wipe, flash and install the ROM you can just enter your gmail account info and it will all be good to go... As far as Apps.... I hear titanium is a great program to use for backing up your Apps.. Honestly when I wiped and flashed my first ROM I looked at my Apps and there was nothing really there I couldn't just reinstall with ease and a few I didn't care if I lost....

ASTROFile Manager also works well for backing up apps and doesn't require root access.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded the Rom Manager paid $4 for it but every time I click on "download Rom" it ask me to download clockrecovery I click on it and it says an error has occurred while trying to download flash recovery. i already have it rooted, I have the super user icon and my wifi tether works perfect. Can any one help???

latest Clockwork Recovery is 2.5.0.1, also click on the superuser icon and make sure ROM manager has permission in that program as well..

All else fails I would contact the people who run ROM Manager... They seem to be pretty quick to respond... For me it worked great right out the gate and I didn't have to do much more after that....

Bizzare

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I finally got it to work!!!! i had to do a by pass under settings. here's another question, I downloaded BakedSnack 1.7 and then I downloaded Smoot hsense UI and added it but I think I liked the BakedSnack alone better how do I remove smooth sense or can I just keep adding I was thinking about addin revolution instead to go with the Bakedsnack also I liked Sprint Navigation but It's cool that I don't have it I like the google Navigation just as much since it has Satellite view but is it possible to get it back?.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I finally got it to work!!!! i had to do a by pass under settings. here's another question, I downloaded BakedSnack 1.7 and then I downloaded Smoot hsense UI and added it but I think I liked the BakedSnack alone better how do I remove smooth sense or can I just keep adding I was thinking about addin revolution instead to go with the Bakedsnack also I liked Sprint Navigation but It's cool that I don't have it I like the google Navigation just as much since it has Satellite view but is it possible to get it back?.

Honestly I use the Revolution theme on top of Baked Snack and I switched to smooth sense and then back to Revolution... It's just a matter of flashing the theme... It must just copy over the files.... I have not had a problem....

Yes you can search on XDA and find the Sprint Apps that were removed and install them one by one....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non