unrevoked 3.21 > fps update > unrevoked 3.21

xorg

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
Before I do this method just want to confirm this works from those who have done it...

- unrevoked 3.21 already installed
- manually apply the HTC fps update
- root no longer works
- re-apply unrevoked 3.21 and then root works with fps fixes

Anyone who did this having any issues?

tpbklake

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Before I do this method just want to confirm this works from those who have done it...

- unrevoked 3.21 already installed
- manually apply the HTC fps update
- root no longer works
- re-apply unrevoked 3.21 and then root works with fps fixes

Anyone who did this having any issues?

If you check the Unrevoke twitter thread, there were some people that had issues applying the OTA via clockworkmod, so Unrevoke is suggesting that you flash the standard Recovery first, then apply the OTA update and then you can run unrevoked 3.21 again.

Over on XDA Developers there is a thread about it too:

[Guide] How to apply the new OTA 3.29.651.5 when you have clockwork and s-off - xda-developers

Regards,

Tom

ron87

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yea I had unrevoked before the update.
1.flash the recovery
2.do the update via ota. you will still have the superuser permission and it will LOOK like your rooted but your not.
3.run unrevoked again
This did not erase any of my data on the phone.

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had just done the UnrEVOked a few days prior to the update coming out, so here's what I did.

1. Ran UnrEVOked and forever.
2. Titanium backup of all my apps.
3. Nandroid backup of my existing ROM
4. Grabbed the deodexed ROM from this thread - [ROM] OTA_Supersonic_3.29.651.5 [ROOTED] [DEODEXED] [SIGNED] - xda-developers
5. Nandroid recovery overwriting my existing ROM (no wipe) - same kernal and base means I lost no info and everything was intact.
6. Have my fully updated rooted-rom.

There was some widget clean-up and odd doubling of my icons, but that was easy to fix and cosmetic.

I also had to install the Engineering version of the bootloader in there, too - but that was so I could do the special black-with-white-letters HTC splash screen.

Once you're rooted it's a bad idea to take an OTA update. While Google/Android doesn't care very much if the community hacks, the manufacturers and carriers do care, and if they push updates that break root or your device, they won't care.

add309

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Im running the 3.21 root with baked snack 1.7. Should I install the update even though I have the fps cap off?

trust me you dont have the fps unlocked if your on baked snack, its a whole different WAY more beautiful world with this method. give it a shot and youll know what im sayin, if you wanna test go ahead and check out you 720 videos now then apply the ota and check em out HUGE difference

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
trust me you dont have the fps unlocked if your on baked snack, its a whole different WAY more beautiful world with this method. give it a shot and youll know what im sayin, if you wanna test go ahead and check out you 720 videos now then apply the ota and check em out HUGE difference

Exactly this! There's a lot less skipping and hesitation on-screen playing videos I've taken now.

MonsterMatt

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
Okay so im rooted via the latest method of unrevoked im trying to manually put the OTA onto my sd card and boot it through clock work however im using a Mac and when I download the OTA updat it comes packed in a folder with a couple of other files.

They are as followed firmware.zip, checkspace, fotaBoot,notifyapp, system

So which one do I put on my sd card to install?

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa