Bluetooth issues since the May update.

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I have been having Bluetooth issues ever since the May update. My Garmin watch will lose its pairing every few days and need to be re-paired. The same thing is happening in Android auto I'll get a message saying that I need to disconnect and re-pair my phone. I never had these issues before this update. Has anyone else had issues like this? Is there any fix?

Weirdly enough my Jabra Bluetooth buds haven't had any issues.

Last edited:

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
I did try the reset for Bluetooth and wifi. My watch disconnected twice today. Haven't had the issue with Android auto yet but that wasn't as frequent.

Reactions: Jx J

Jx J

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
My Pixel sometimes fails to connect to my Soundcore earbuds or may be very slow to connect.
I get them out of the box and it doesn't connect. I turn bluetooth off and on & sometimes it STILL doesn't connect.
Never had this with my previous LG phone.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure this is a Garmin issue. My 945 had an issue, with past phones (including my OP), where if I enabled BT-phone, it was about a 75/25, that it'd auto-connect. The other 25% I have always had to disable/re-enable, on the watch, and it connects. My newer Fenix 7 has the same issue, almost identical, in terms of repro.
I don't use mine as a true smartwatch much, mostly to track activities, so I tend to sync it after a ride, swim, whatever, which gives me a lot of time between charges (8-10 days with the F7, 3-4 with the 945), so the modality is a bit different, but I'd bet it's the same issue.
I've thought about complaining to Garmin, and seeing if they want logs, as I can repro it, but in the past I've not gotten very far with them, going down this path (I have been able to get them to accept logs, but never got very far).

alarsen77

Jan 2, 2016
Visit site
Pretty sure this is a Garmin issue. My 945 had an issue, with past phones (including my OP), where if I enabled BT-phone, it was about a 75/25, that it'd auto-connect. The other 25% I have always had to disable/re-enable, on the watch, and it connects. My newer Fenix 7 has the same issue, almost identical, in terms of repro.
I don't use mine as a true smartwatch much, mostly to track activities, so I tend to sync it after a ride, swim, whatever, which gives me a lot of time between charges (8-10 days with the F7, 3-4 with the 945), so the modality is a bit different, but I'd bet it's the same issue.
I've thought about complaining to Garmin, and seeing if they want logs, as I can repro it, but in the past I've not gotten very far with them, going down this path (I have been able to get them to accept logs, but never got very far).
It might be a Garmin issue. But I've had my Fenix 5 plus for about 4 years now and never had it disconnect this much and this often. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the newest firmware of the Garmin. But the Android Auto stuff was weird.

PGrey

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
It might be a Garmin issue. But I've had my Fenix 5 plus for about 4 years now and never had it disconnect this much and this often. I'm thinking it might have something to do with the newest firmware of the Garmin. But the Android Auto stuff was weird.
Yeah, agreed, the AA thing is a weird aside.
Have you tried flushing cache on a bunch of stock apps, such as Google, Play Services, etc?
I'd say to flush the system cache (something I very rarely recommended, but sometimes it's the ticket, with weird DNS and MAC issues of sorts, IME, and BT relies on a bunch of MACs), but it's not very practical, since A12...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana