In grave need of some help..

Raillery

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Ok so I was trying to have a look at cm6 using rom manager and was having the same problem as this dude. I followed the instructions the person just below him posted, using the file he posted. Now when I try to boot my evo I get to this screen:

SUPERSONIC EVT2-3 ENG S-OFF
HBOOT-0.76.2000 (PC3610000)
MICROP-041f
TOUCH PANEL-ATMEL224_16ab
RADIO-2.1500.07.28
Mar 30 2010, 11:24:04

FASTBOOT

<VOL UP> to previous item
<VOL DOWN> to next item
<POWER> to select item

BOOTLOADER
REBOOT
REBOOT BOOTLOADER
POWER DOWN

I can get to recovery but when I try to do a nandroid restore I get this:
ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.0.1
Checking MD5 sums?
Erasing boot before restore?
Restoring boot image?
Error while flashing boot image!

All I really want to do is restore my phone to the way it was, I was just curious about cm6, not sure if I rly want to use it yet.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm no expert, but if it were me, I'd just flash cm6 just to see if I could get my phone to work. It's not really that big of a deal if you lose your old backup, just as long as you can get a rom to boot on your phone.

Raillery

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Not sure how I would flash it since when I connect my phone to my computer it doesn't show up in windows. And like I said, I'd prefer to run the stock htc/sprint/froyo, once I experience cm for myself I may want to run that instead.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Oh, I was under the impression that you had already downloaded cm6. Well, if you can't get any backups to work, then you're gonna have to pull out your sd card and just plug it straight into your computer. If you don't have an adapter, you'll have to go buy one. Then just download whatever rom you want to flash and move it to the root of the sd card, then try flashing it.

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I mean...if it's not letting you, it's not letting you. You can either do what I said, or hope someone with more experience answers you. There may be some ADB commands you could use to push a new rom to your sd card without having your phone fully booted into a rom, but I'm not familiar with any of that.
As far as getting your backup to work...I have no idea. I was just trying to help you get to a point where your phone would actually work :) As far as I know, if its not loading your backup, its not going to load it.

Raillery

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Inside the PC36IMG.zip file was hboot_0.76.2000.img and android-info.txt which read
modelid: PC3610000
cidnum: SPCS_001
mainver: 1.32.651.6
hbootpreupdate:11
DelCache: 0
DelUserData:0

I switched out .76.2000 with .79.0000 and the only difference is now it says HBOOT 0.79.0000 instead of HBOOT 0.76.2000 on the first screen when booting the phone. What exactly should I do? I'm a big "noob" when it comes to this kind of thing, I shouldn't have been messing around with this stuff at all.

Fixed! Switched .76 with .93 and all is well. I still have the issue of not being able to flash cm6 with rom manager though.

Last edited:

Mdorty

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Inside the PC36IMG.zip file was hboot_0.76.2000.img and android-info.txt which read
modelid: PC3610000
cidnum: SPCS_001
mainver: 1.32.651.6
hbootpreupdate:11
DelCache: 0
DelUserData:0

I switched out .76.2000 with .79.0000 and the only difference is now it says HBOOT 0.79.0000 instead of HBOOT 0.76.2000 on the first screen when booting the phone. What exactly should I do? I'm a big "noob" when it comes to this kind of thing, I shouldn't have been messing around with this stuff at all.

Fixed! Switched .76 with .93 and all is well. I still have the issue of not being able to flash cm6 with rom manager though.

You have to have Hboot .76.200 to be able to flash cm6.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Be careful opening those zip files, some of them are signed and depending on your recovery won't install correctly once you open them up and put them back to flash.

I treat those zips as read only.

sanyi83

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
im having the exact same issue. I tried doing my nandroid backup and got the same error. Now I cant boot into recovery anymore. I think I need a new rom to flash but I dont know which one to use.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way I can get the .79 file? I found it on xda http://www.mattwhitlock.com/hboot-0.79.0000.7z
This is supposed to be the link... Is it only not working for me because I cant find it anywhere else.

I'm pretty sure this updates on first official RUU, you'll lose all your stuff though going that way.

You can put this on the root of your SD card: xda-developers - View Single Post - ENG bootloader (0.76 needed for CM6) extended fastboot commands. (the attached file on the post, requires xda login) and if you go in to the boot loader it will scan and should fire it up, or you can just put it in a folder and flash through recovery. You can read the rest of the post starting here: (just thought it was kind of random to have a link to a pc36img file, and it's on the 2nd page) ENG bootloader (0.76 needed for CM6) extended fastboot commands. - xda-developers

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site