Phone turns off when trying to boot up and log in

Andy158

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
I have had some issues with my phone turning off when I'm not doing anything, but now I can't even boot it up and log in. When I boot up, I can get up to where I need to enter my passcode for decryption. Once I enter it, I get the display with the lock and spinning blue/green wheel before my phone just turns off again.

I can also get to the Android Recovery screen and stay there indefinitely. However, if I select "Reboot Now" or "Repair Apps", my phone will crash in the same step of the bootup phase. If I select "Reboot to bootloader", I get to a download screen that hangs - I've been stuck there for several hours before giving up. I've wiped the cache several times but it has no positive effect.

Is there a way to backup my data at all, given all this? I want to factory reset my phone since that might be the only options left.

I think that this issue might have memory-related at first, since I was nearing my 64gb capacity on the hard drive. But since then, I've cleared about 2gb of space and also made sure the RAM is using much less than its 4gb capacity, so there must be some memory corruption related to almost filling it up.

Another strange thing is that occasionally, it seems that if I wait long enough without bootup attempts, I can actually log into my phone and start using it as normal, but it will inevitably crash within five minutes, even if I literally have an app open and am actively using the phone.

Thanks in advance.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome to AC!

If you try safe mode for awhile does phone still crash ? Im thinking you might need factory reset but let's see in safe mode

Andy158

Sep 24, 2021
Visit site
Hi Mustang,

Yep I've tried safe mode, and it still crashes at the same place. I'm pretty sure it needs to factory reset as well. Wondering if there's any way I can maybe access my phone from a laptop to back it up - like I said, it does stay on in recovery mode. Is there some kind of a tool that can do this?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi Mustang,

Yep I've tried safe mode, and it still crashes at the same place. I'm pretty sure it needs to factory reset as well. Wondering if there's any way I can maybe access my phone from a laptop to back it up - like I said, it does stay on in recovery mode. Is there some kind of a tool that can do this?
If you download Smart Switch on your PC it will back your phone to it