Decisions,decisions. A video possible?

enzofall

Aug 12, 2010
www.youtube.com
Is there a video out there showing the whole process of rooting through Unrevoked 3.2.1 wondering just exactly what it entails?

Sent from my PC36100

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Is there a video out there showing the whole process of rooting through Unrevoked 3.2.1 wondering just exactly what it entails?

Sent from my PC36100

I know unrevoked is easier but I suggest you go about it old school and check out the above sticky. If it were me, I'd root the 2.2 go down to 2.1 , root using this: The easiest 1.47.651.1 root+nand unlock you'll ever see without a gui (Updated) - xda-developers and then do whatever you'd like. (that's just me though..)

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Does that method root 2.2?

Sent from my PC36100

Yup, what it does is root's 2.2 then while rooted you flash your phone with a boot loader that lets you load up 2.1, then you can root 2.1 and do whatever you want.

I know it seems involved, it is involved but I just like it, to me it feels better than just firing off unrevoked, this is nothing against those guys whatsoever, to each their own. It can also teach you a few things along the way.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
There is a video. Check out XDA and there's a link. XDA also lists all the rooting methods available. I highly recommend doing a lot of reading and research regardless of the method you choose to do.

PM-Performance

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
id say if you are technically apt to do so and enjoy playing with your phone, then do the tried and true method.
If you dont want to spend too much time and want a quick root and dont want to spend tons of time reading and diagnosing problems you may run into by not understanding things or following directions. . . do unRevoked.

I did unRevoked on two ocassions and was a 5 minute deal with no hangups. Works fine for what I needed it for.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chwoka