Fresh 3.4.0.1, ROM Manager and Vanilla Lock Mod question

cochese2323

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I tried for about an hour now to figure this out on my own, but I am struggling. I flashed Fresh 3.4.0.1 and I really like it. I tried to install the Vanilla lock mod and it goes to the little "triangle !" screen. Fresh Updater says I have to use Amon's RA or I can flash Amon's RA using ROM manager.....

This is where I got confused. I searched for Amon's RA and searched the Fresh thread on XDA.....still confused.

Can someone help me out a little or at least point me in the right direction.....

Thanks

seahills

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried for about an hour now to figure this out on my own, but I am struggling. I flashed Fresh 3.4.0.1 and I really like it. I tried to install the Vanilla lock mod and it goes to the little "triangle !" screen. Fresh Updater says I have to use Amon's RA or I can flash Amon's RA using ROM manager.....

This is where I got confused. I searched for Amon's RA and searched the Fresh thread on XDA.....still confused.

Can someone help me out a little or at least point me in the right direction.....

Thanks
This should help you:

[Recovery] [28-August-2010] RA-evo-v1.8.0 - xda-developers

FWIW, I find it easiest to flash an alternate recovery using ROM manager. It's well worth the $$.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have ROM manager installed you can switch between RA and clock works easily it is in ROM manager. Is that what you are trying to do? Just open ROM manager about half way down the page is the option to install RA.

Hope that helps,
Dave

cochese2323

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
If you have ROM manager installed you can switch between RA and clock works easily it is in ROM manager. Is that what you are trying to do? Just open ROM manager about half way down the page is the option to install RA.

Hope that helps,
Dave

From what I gather from Fresh's instructions, that should work. Is that the "Flash Alternate Recover" option?

cochese2323

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so that option is grayed out when I am running Fresh. When I go back to my stock ROM, it lets me change choose that, but when I go to "Install ROM from SD Card", it says I have to go back to ClockworkMod Recovery to proceed......UGH!

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
You know you can flash roms without rom manager...

Rom manager just automates it and its only compatible with clockwork.

cochese2323

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so what is the easiest fix for my original problem then? I just want to add the vanilla lock screen to my Fresh ROM. ROM manager won't let me change to RA while I am on the Fresh ROM. So do I change to RA then flash Fresh from recovery?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay, forget about the fresh updater. Lets do this manual.

Download root explorer from the market, navigate to system>app then find the HTClockscreen.apk. Delete it.

Now, your alarm will not be able to shut off, it will require a battery pull, so to fix this delete deskclock.apk while you're in there.

Download a alarmclock replacement app from the market, reboot, and you're done.

Reactions: cochese2323

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Just to clarify what you are trying to do is get the AOSP lock screen on your sense ROM correct? The one with the slide right to unlock and left to mute isthat correct?

cochese2323

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Download root explorer from the market, navigate to system>app then find the HTClockscreen.apk. Delete it.

Now, your alarm will not be able to shut off, it will require a battery pull, so to fix this delete deskclock.apk while you're in there.

Do I have to go back then and install vanilla lock screen then?

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Its just a file you have to delete but I can't remember how to do it. Igotsanevo do you remember what file it is and how to delete it. Someone told me the other day I can't remember who it was and what thread it was in.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Its coming back to me first you will need Titanium Backup installed it is in the market there is a free version. Open the program go to the center tab which is backup/restore find a program called HTC lock screen I think if I am wrong someone please correct me tap and hold on that and chose delete. Reset your EVO and you should have the AOSP lock screen. Do a Nandroid backup before you try this just in case okay. Let me know if that works

Reactions: cochese2323

cochese2323

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Its coming back to me first you will need Titanium Backup installed it is in the market there is a free version. Open the program go to the center tab which is backup/restore find a program called HTC lock screen I think if I am wrong someone please correct me tap and hold on that and chose delete. Reset your EVO and you should have the AOSP lock screen. Do a Nandroid backup before you try this just in case okay. Let me know if that works

Tried this....No Dice

Gonna try igotsanevo4g's method

cochese2323

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

When I long press and select delete, it gives me a halt that is is read-only

cochese2323

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
OK......not sure exactly what I did, but I went into ROM Manager and I was now able to select "flash alternate recovery".....went thru Fresh Update to remote the htclockscreen....voila I have the lock screen. Thanks for all the help guys. Wish I knew exactly what I did, but I will take the end result

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo