Mostly functional Gingerbread rom over at XDA

blackroseMD1

Nov 23, 2010
www.standupforkids.org
So predludedrew over at XDA has thrown together a pretty functional Gingerbread rom from source. All the obvious things aren't working at the moment (4G, HDMI), and a few other things aren't either (Cam, GPS, MMS receive), but I ran it for a while this morning, and it's pretty snappy. It also doesn't have that awesome screen off animation, but I'm sure that will come eventually.

If you feel like having a go at Gingerbread, check out the thread:

[ROM-AOSP][12-18-10] Evervolv-AOSP|GRH55/Android 2.3.1| v1.0.0a1 | Gingerbread!!!

As always, make sure to nandroid before flashing, and you will have to flash the GApps as well.

PhantomPhreak53

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I have been using this rom most of the day and is actually pretty functional. He just released another version that fixes a few of the issues. It is actually usable right now.

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I will wait for Cyanogen probably.

I was using Cyanogen for awhile but I switched back to stock ROM to try out Swype. I'm loving Swpye, but I'm getting a considerable less battery life on stock. If only I could get Swype on Cyanogen... :(

digink#AC

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I will wait for Cyanogen probably.

I was using Cyanogen for awhile but I switched back to stock ROM to try out Swype. I'm loving Swpye, but I'm getting a considerable less battery life on stock. If only I could get Swype on Cyanogen... :(

Try Myns ROM you get a lot of the stock functionality and the battery life was pretty comparable to what I got on CM... I like CM but I start missing my Sense widgets and end up going back to Myn.

jeffreykime

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I tried it out for a little bit today. As expected a lot was still quirky but it was fun to see. I liked the gingerbread keyboard and the listing of all the apps.

I'm excied to see it go beyond an alpha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch