How can you tell if root worked

Status
Not open for further replies.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site
Thank you for the replies. I still had trouble so I searched youtube and found a one click method using unrevoked 3. I don't know if that was a good or bad thimg, but, it got me to the free tethering I was looking for. I'll keep my fingers crossed that I haven't screwed myself.

I was in the same situation as you, scared to root with all the different steps in the xda forums. When i saw unrevoked was updated i proceeded with that method, and it might of taken me a whole 10 minutes. unrevoked is truly painless!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If you have read upon the process for a couple days, and gathered your notes and files nice and neat in a desktop folder, you will be good. Don't be afraid to PM any one here who is willing to tell you they take no responsibility for your phone, then proceed to help you, as they will be glad to help you for FREE! Rooting your phone should never cost you a dime:) Now when you get a kick but ROM on there, you may be inclined to give the Dev a few bucks or so in a gratuity.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Any recovery will now back up your 4g partition.

Does the new version of clockwork do this?? I had been using clockwork for the entire time my phone has been rooted until today, I switched to RA because I thought it was the only one that backed up the wimax.img

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Rooting is the first step down the rabbithole. If all you want is temp root, theres a sticky in this forum for that. Butnfor perm root and flashing roms, i believe jerzyiroc mentioned it before: youll want to do this yourself so that later down the line youre not lost when it comes time to troubleshoot problems.

Good luck.

bboykin87

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
another option is to download connectbot or any terminal app and type su at the $ prompt, if it turns into a # (after asking you to allow superuser permissions) you are rooted...

might be a lil too technical for some, but an option nonetheless

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Easiest thing, get an app that requires superuser permissions, since thats the goal of rooting.

Install a recovery image

Titantium backup

Wireless tether

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Please look for similar threads already discussing the topic you're going to ask about.

And use the search function.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.