Installing theme

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Trying to install a 3.70 based theme. I install it from ROM manager, and it looks like it installs and then restarts. But nothing changes when the phone boots up. I tried installing from recovery, but I get a message stating I need to switch to edify scripting. I think this has to do with my version of clockwork, but I'm not sure.

beezy

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Trying to install a 3.70 based theme. I install it from ROM manager, and it looks like it installs and then restarts. But nothing changes when the phone boots up. I tried installing from recovery, but I get a message stating I need to switch to edify scripting. I think this has to do with my version of clockwork, but I'm not sure.

You would be correct it's a problems with the update.zip and your recovery. You could always flash back to a older version of recovery until the theme is updated.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Simply go to your Rom Manager, then scroll to the bottom, and choose the bottom option ( i think is called all recoverys or soemthing like that) then choose 2.5.01, then you can try to install the theme after you go into revoery mode. I did this and it worked, for some reason it wont work on 3.0.0.5

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
It should, try it, the worst that can happen is that it wont install, then you will simply have to reboot.