[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

Telperion

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
First thing I did after getting FC's constantly in Facebook is read the market comments in the reviews, that tells you everything.

I have the 1.5.2 apk if the TOS allows me to post it. Plus I don't know where to host it from my phone until I can get to a computer.

Last edited:

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Well, nice for you. Useless for those without the hookup.

What is the purpose of these "It's working for me. Sucks to be you." posts? Not the least bit helpful. It's like someone going to the doctor and being told that since they aren't sick, too, you shouldn't have a problem.

The help is in letting you know that it is not a ROM-wide problem so you have a better idea of what you're dealing with. In this case, it appears to be the Facebook app itself and I'm just lucky... Either way, you now know that it is NOT CM7 which was your first assumption.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I got into the CM7 version I wanted, but it never asked me if I wanted to install Google Apps, so now I don't have marketplace. Is there a way for me to get this without reflashing?
It will have to be flashed. If you don't have the .zip file then look on the first page in post 2. That would be the easiest way and fastest way to get it back.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
The help is in letting you know that it is not a ROM-wide problem so you have a better idea of what you're dealing with. In this case, it appears to be the Facebook app itself and I'm just lucky... Either way, you now know that it is NOT CM7 which was your first assumption.
As I added in an edit, it appears to be app-related, so I don't get the lecture. I know now because I kept digging while you just brushed me off with "I'm fine. You lose."

Ok then why don't you just ask if some is having a working version you can have rather then being hateful? Its that simple. No need to get all tore up about it.
Because actually pointing to a link where people can benefit from it is impossible?

When I was trying to flash the CM7 RC4 and ran into bootloop and ClockworkMod problems, I ran a thread here with detailed posts to every link I was working from as I tried to sort things out. I did this so that others searching for the same problem could see what was done to resolve it and to not waste the time of those trying to assist having to ask if I did this or wiped that. I stated that I did A, B, C, and D and got results 1, 2, 3, and 4. While many people try to be helpful, I see too much passive-aggressive nerd junk going on where people would rather keep knowledge to themselves while taunting those in need as to its existence. Weaksauce.

Here's what being helpful looks like: I Googled up the Facebook 1.5.1 apk and found this post which provides a link to where it can be downloaded. Hope this helps. It appears to be stable for me.

Reactions: jaileer

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As I added in an edit, it appears to be app-related, so I don't get the lecture. I know now because I kept digging while you just brushed me off with "I'm fine. You lose."

Because actually pointing to a link where people can benefit from it is impossible?

When I was trying to flash the CM7 RC4 and ran into bootloop and ClockworkMod problems, I ran a thread here with detailed posts to every link I was working from as I tried to sort things out. I did this so that others searching for the same problem could see what was done to resolve it and to not waste the time of those trying to assist having to ask if I did this or wiped that. I stated that I did A, B, C, and D and got results 1, 2, 3, and 4. While many people try to be helpful, I see too much passive-aggressive nerd junk going on where people would rather keep knowledge to themselves while taunting those in need as to its existence. Weaksauce.

Here's what being helpful looks like: I Googled up the Facebook 1.5.1 apk and found this post which provides a link to where it can be downloaded. Hope this helps. It appears to be stable for me.

Please find someplace else to troll.

Thank you.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Please find someplace else to troll. Thank you.
Please note the number of thanks I've received vs. yours and kindly get over yourself.

On topic, I just checked the GPS again and it seems to be spot-on. Not sure what was going on before or why it's behaving now, but it appears to work. Others are reporting problems, so something's up, the trick is to figure out what for those having troubles.

malars

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Now that I have the GoogleApps issue resolved, I'm having problems getting other apps to install properly. Some apps downloaded successfully, but a majority are coming back with an error "Download was unsuccessful, please try again." I've rebooted and still getting the same thing. I've tried installing on the phone and directly to the SD card, and nothing is working. This started happening this morning when I tried to upgrade to CM 7.0.2, and has followed me to every ROM I've flashed to (currently on CM7 RC4). I didn't have any of these problems until this morning. Everything was running smoothly for the most part until I flashed to 7.0.2. Any ideas?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems getting other apps to install properly. Some apps downloaded successfully, but a majority are coming back with an error "Download was unsuccessful, please try again." I've rebooted and still getting the same thing. I've tried installing on the phone and directly to the SD card, and nothing is working. This started happening this morning when I tried to upgrade to CM 7.0.2, and has followed me to every ROM I've flashed to (currently on CM7 RC4). I didn't have any of these problems until this morning. Everything was running smoothly for the most part until I flashed to 7.0.2. Any ideas?
What were you flashing from when you went to CM 7.0.2? Was it a prior CM7.x ROM or something else? If the latter, did you wipe all the data before flashing the 7.0.2 ROM? Are you trying to reinstall from Android Marketplace or Titanium Backup? If the latter, are you individually restoring apps and data or running a batch?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Minor detail: Has anyone noticed that the notification shade seems to pull down smoothly now compared to 7.0? Before it seemed to "bounce" as you swiped down; now it's normal.

malars

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What were you flashing from when you went to CM 7.0.2? Was it a prior CM7.x ROM or something else? If the latter, did you wipe all the data before flashing the 7.0.2 ROM? Are you trying to reinstall from Android Marketplace or Titanium Backup? If the latter, are you individually restoring apps and data or running a batch?
I was moving from CM 7.0 Stable to 7.0.2 and yes, I wiped data and cache during the flash. I'm just restoring from Marketplace. I've tried installing manually as well and still get an error. I'm going to try again when I get home to eliminate the possibility that it's my 3G/4G radios by trying again on Wi-Fi. I'll come back here if anything changes.

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Minor detail: Has anyone noticed that the notification shade seems to pull down smoothly now compared to 7.0? Before it seemed to "bounce" as you swiped down; now it's normal.

Yea man, i read here that they did something to the pull down shade.. probably why you are seeing the new smoothness :)

https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_vendor_cyanogen/blob/gingerbread/CHANGELOG.mkdn

And if you want to be lazy, here is the exact comment from there.. :)

*Common: Fix fling velocity of status bar and ADW swipe - Sven Dawitz*

*Edit - Also, if you hold the icons in the status bar now, you'll get the options for them. IE: turn on wifi toggle takes you to wifi options when held.. pretty sweet

malars

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
So I flashed to a completely different ROM (SalvageMOD) and most of my apps installed correctly. I can't make heads or tails of why certain apps aren't installing. The only apps that didn't install this time were 5 paid apps and Google Maps. Other paid apps installed just fine. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I take that back, there are quite a few apps that didn't install and won't install.

Last edited:

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I was told by igotsanevo4g in a different thread that the GPS was completely re-done and fixed in 7.0.2.1. I'm getting ready to try it out and see how it goes.

Crossing my fingers! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19