[Official] CyanogenMod 7 discussion

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Found an issue with the new stable release. The camcorder doesn't work when set to high or youtube. Only works with low or mms settings. Back to #51 for me.

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed up to 7.0.2 and Facebook still crashes like a drunk 5-year-old pilot when you try to do anything. Boo. Hope it helps battery life. It's been crazy the past couple of days.

Do yourself a favor and download Flow instead. Never look back to the rotten FB app.

01S281

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
I have #51, does anyone else have issues w/ facebook not working? The news feed works, but everything wont work, it forecloses. Also on the newsfeed if I try to click on a friends profile it forecloses

blade111

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
I have #51, does anyone else have issues w/ facebook not working? The news feed works, but everything wont work, it forecloses. Also on the newsfeed if I try to click on a friends profile it forecloses

It forcecloses still on me and I'm on the cm7 7.0 final.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
As I noted above in post #1839, Facebook is nothing but crash in both 7.0 and 7.0.2 for me. Also, trying to use the mobile site in Dolphin HD, when I tap for a reply/comment, the keyboard appears and disappears all the time. I have to use Miren to is Facebook. Suckage.

bjordan

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
7.02 also breaks my camcorder. The good news is skype now works.

Doh!! This is bad news. 4 months ago I wouldn't have cared about a camcorder but now I have a kid so it's important. :p .. guess I'll stick to nightly #49 for now.

So close!! GPS and Camera/Camcorder working and I'll be able to put it on my wife's Evo as well.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Lovely. Now the GPS is jacked up like it was when I switched from stock Sense to CM7 stable. The legendary Reddit post that details how to fix it doesn't apply within CM7, so is there a fix for this other than reverting to my old Sense nandroid, doing the damn steps again, and then shifting to CM7.0.2? If every incremental update requires wasting a half-hour getting the GPS fixed, then I'm done with living on the edge. It's inexcusable that basic functionality must be broken over and over and over by updates. It double sucks for me because at my work, it took 30-45 minutes to get the damn profile update part to come down.

malars

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Please help!

Ok, I installed 7.0.2 this morning and have had nothing but problems since. First, it was locking up and freezing while trying to install apps after installation and all auto installs were failing. My internet was still working, but I couldn't install anything, even a new ROM. I admit that I made some mistakes after this point and tried downloading an older version CM6 just so I could have a stable release. At this point, instead of auto running the process the wipe and install, it came up in boot manager. At this point, I manually installed the CM6 release without wiping cache because I thought this had already been done. Now, I get the EVO flash screen, then the CM flash screen and nothing else happens after that. At this point, I don't know how to get to boot manager so I can rerun the install. Is there anything I can do at this point or is this what they consider a phone being bricked? Please help.

gksmithlcw

Software Engineer
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just flashed up to 7.0.2 and Facebook still crashes like a drunk 5-year-old pilot when you try to do anything. Boo. Hope it helps battery life. It's been crazy the past couple of days.

I have no problems running Facebook. You may try re-installing it if the problems persist.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
@ malars: Pull battery. Then hold volume down + power at the same time until the bootloader comes up. Select recovery and do a full wipe back to cm6 or whatever rom you are wanting to run

malars

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, that got me into boot manager, but the CM6 ROM wasn't working. I got back to 7.0 at least, though that isn't working well. I downloaded 7.0 RC4 to my computer and copied it over to my SD card. Once I have enough battery, I'll flash to that and hopefully fix some of my issues. At least I know it isn't bricked. That's a relief. I was about to switch back to my BB Curve and was not looking forward to that! Thanks for your help.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems running Facebook. You may try re-installing it if the problems persist.
Goodie for you, but for me - who has already un/reinstalled Facebook under 7.0 and 7.0.2 and cleared the app's cache - it's still nothing but crash when selecting Profile, Friends or Messages.

EDIT: At the official CM forums, someone posted that "the latest FB for Android is a Force Close disaster... not an CM issue at all." FWIW.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Goodie for you, but for me - who has already un/reinstalled Facebook under 7.0 and 7.0.2 and cleared the app's cache - it's still nothing but crash when selecting Profile, Friends or Messages.

EDIT: At the official CM forums, someone posted that "the latest FB for Android is a Force Close disaster... not an CM issue at all." FWIW.

I was in the same situation until evoKY hooked me up with an older version. V1.5.1. All is good again.

malars

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I got into the CM7 version I wanted, but it never asked me if I wanted to install Google Apps, so now I don't have marketplace. Is there a way for me to get this without reflashing?

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I was in the same situation until evoKY hooked me up with an older version. V1.5.1. All is good again.
Well, nice for you. Useless for those without the hookup.

What is the purpose of these "It's working for me. Sucks to be you." posts? Not the least bit helpful. It's like someone going to the doctor and being told that since they aren't sick, too, you shouldn't have a problem.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Well, nice for you. Useless for those without the hookup.

What is the purpose of these "It's working for me. Sucks to be you." posts? Not the least bit helpful. It's like someone going to the doctor and being told that since they aren't sick, too, you shouldn't have a problem.

Ok then why don't you just ask if some is having a working version you can have rather then being hateful?

Its that simple. No need to get all tore up about it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRG582