Question about re - flashing the same rom

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I am using myns warm 2.2 rls 5. The first time I flashed it I did a cache and dalvic-cache wipe. On the myns thread on xda he suggests doing a data wipe also for "optimal performance."

If I want to go back and do the data wipe as well can I just wipe the cache, dalvik-cache, and data and re-flash the same rom I am currently using or would I need to restore a nandroid backup of a different rom first and then re-flash myns again.

Hope I was clear.

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am using myns warm 2.2 rls 5. The first time I flashed it I did a cache and dalvic-cache wipe. On the myns thread on xda he suggests doing a data wipe also for "optimal performance."

If I want to go back and do the data wipe as well can I just wipe the cache, dalvik-cache, and data and re-flash the same rom I am currently using or would I need to restore a nandroid backup of a different rom first and then re-flash myns again.

Hope I was clear.

If you wipe data you'll erase your user settings.

If your'e not running great, just make a backup of your apps with titanium, go back in to recovery and erase the partitions you want, then re install and restore your apps :)

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If you wipe data you'll erase your user settings.

If your'e not running great, just make a backup of your apps with titanium, go back in to recovery and erase the partitions you want, then re install and restore your apps :)

Haven't delved into partitions yet, which partitions would I erase?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Haven't delved into partitions yet, which partitions would I erase?

You can do it from rom manager, you can go to install myn's rom then when it's ready to reboot it'll ask you to wipe data and cache, you can just check yes.

Like I said though get a back up of your user apps b/c when data is wiped it will erase them.

If you want to do it from recovery reboot in to recovery and go to partitions and then you'll have a list of partitions and the option to format them.

coogrrr94

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Everything worked fine, had a couple widgets that weren't working at first and I couldn't change the wallpaper, but a reboot fixed those issues.