Rooting using unrevoked3

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I want to root using unrevoked3. I don't want to flash any roms or do anything crazy. I just want to freeze some apps using titanium backup, and use a couple apps like phone restart and cache cleaner.

My questions are:

1) Can I unroot my phone (just in case I need to bring my phone in for service) and is it going to be a pain to do?

2) Will I receive updates from Sprint like the recent blockbuster one :/ and future os updates like gingerbread while my phone is rooted by unrevoked3?

Thanks all for your advice!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Hello all. I want to root using unrevoked3. I don't want to flash any roms or do anything crazy. I just want to freeze some apps using titanium backup, and use a couple apps like phone restart and cache cleaner.

My questions are:

1) Can I unroot my phone (just in case I need to bring my phone in for service) and is it going to be a pain to do?

2) Will I receive updates from Sprint like the recent blockbuster one :/ and future os updates like gingerbread while my phone is rooted by unrevoked3?

Thanks all for your advice!

1) http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-rooting-roms-hacks/19278-how-unroot-return-stock.html

2) No you will have to un-root before you can receive any OTA updated from Sprint

All of this and more information is available in the Roms and Hacks forum for this device read through the stickies then if you have more questions post back

enzie5454

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the answers! I tried to do a search but my results always came back with different answers.

So if I unroot I will lose all of my apps and data? And how do I perform a nandroid backup with my evo? Oy! So much to learn!

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Its cool brow you got questions we got answers.

Every time you root un-root or flash a ROM it is like doing a factory reset you lose everything. Once you have rooted your EVO Nandroid will be one of the choices on the recovery screen (Green Screen) You can use Titanium Backup its free in the Android Market it will help with backing up all your Apps and data so flashing wont be such a pain.

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Read the link in my signature.

You can unroot ALWAYS no matter what pretty much, and as for the updates, you can also just grab a rooted version of the update when it comes out. I had the last update a day before it was pushed :p

If you accept an OTA, you will lose root and you may not be able to root again, depending on sprint/HTC and if they decide to patch stuff.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noniegreer74