[FullHDMI] Official FullHDMI discussion

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Benchmarks have been updated! I've removed all the FullHDMI beta data as well as the "Supercharge ON" benchmarks (I still think SC needs to be removed from the app). I have added CM6.1.2 and CM7 Nightly #18 with their supplied kernels as well as finished the benches for CM7 AOSP HDMI beta. Just need 720P re-enabled to complete the chart.

aburgthing

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
It very well could be that specific model. Have you tried another Sony TV? I know that with my Sharp Aquos that until I updated it's firmware I got the same thing.

Yes I did. I tried it on a 55in Sony Bravia this morning and it worked great. Not one bit of flicker and watched Starship Troopers (don't know why I like that movie) from Slingbox on phone through 3G out via FullHDMI to TV. No big deal must be just that TV, my phone or some deep setting on the other Bravia causing the reboots.

Whew but FullHDMI, Slingbox and over 3G, better have a battery charger or spare nearby LOL; was at 15% by movie end starting with a near full charge. Thanks for the great program. Now my Evo will definitely last until next upgrade.

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
Yes I did. I tried it on a 55in Sony Bravia this morning and it worked great. Not one bit of flicker and watched Starship Troopers (don't know why I like that movie) from Slingbox on phone through 3G out via FullHDMI to TV. No big deal must be just that TV, my phone or some deep setting on the other Bravia causing the reboots.

Whew but FullHDMI, Slingbox and over 3G, better have a battery charger or spare nearby LOL; was at 15% by movie end starting with a near full charge. Thanks for the great program. Now my Evo will definitely last until next upgrade.

The kernel is waiting on an interrupt from the HDMI chip telling it that the chip paired with the TV correctly, but that doesnt happen for different reasons while the chip(or TV) attempt to restart communication with the TV. This cause the kernel to detect a hard lock and reboot.
Some of the reasons for this can be a long HDMI cable causing pairing retires and failures or your TV's display ID not fitting in the drivers allocated memory.

detcup4evr

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Results test

The Market version works great. I said I would repost my results once I test on a second tv.

I figured out to of my previous issues.

1. Portrait mode - When I select Portrait mode it resets the resolution I didn't think to check that (possible enhancement some where down the line to remember last resolution set on startup and changin modes)
2. Screen Clipping varries on tv the one at work clips a little off the top of the screen the tv at home clips off a little off the bottom (launcher side) a pretty much non issue (plus clipping occurs on stock video player as well so nothign to do with app)

Todays test was streaming part of the clevland show off of hulu, It looks pretty good, definatly watchable, other then the fact that my internet was horrible with alot of buffering, not full hdmi's fault.

I am happy with the APP works well. I might just make a powerpoint presentation just to try that out.

once again my setup
Stock 3.70 ROM
SBC HDMI Kernel
Latest Market Version

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
The Market version works great. I said I would repost my results once I test on a second tv.

1. Portrait mode - When I select Portrait mode it resets the resolution I didn't think to check that (possible enhancement some where down the line to remember last resolution set on startup and changin modes)
Already fixed in next update.
2. Screen Clipping varries on tv the one at work clips a little off the top of the screen the tv at home clips off a little off the bottom (launcher side) a pretty much non issue (plus clipping occurs on stock video player as well so nothign to do with app)

Please see the FAQs on the first page related to screen clipping. This is due to some TV setting which clips part of your display whether its coming from your phone, your cable company or your PS3/DVD player. You can either change it from your TV menu or use the app's "custom screen" to set a manual offset.
Hope this helps.

mrkodak

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Any help guys I purchased the app about 5mins ago when I plug it up I get app error at the bottom and it says service not started I'm running cm7 rc2 now I do have the teamwin HDMI app I know you guys are beefing but I support both just wondering would that have anything to do with it

mrkodak

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Try using some of the other resolution settings in the app.

Ok ill try that and report back

Should I turn hardware and supercharge mode off since I didn't flash a kernal and I know it doesn't get audio through HDMI yet so phone needs to be checked right?

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Any help guys I purchased the app about 5mins ago when I plug it up I get app error at the bottom and it says service not started I'm running cm7 rc2 now I do have the teamwin HDMI app I know you guys are beefing but I support both just wondering would that have anything to do with it

There may be a conflict between the custom kernel the teamwin app installs and fullhdmi. I know in testing and benchmarks I just used a standard CM7 install. I do still have the teamwin kernel backup on my phone, let me take a look and get back to you.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks lokifish

I'm on CM7 nightly 18(sorry, don't have rc2 downloaded). I just flashed AOSP beta1 and opened up FullHDMI. I received a fail stop but tapped the apply and restart a couple times and was good to go. Opened up fpse and started GT2 and have no menus. In short it does work (on nightly18 + AOSP beta1 atleast) but if you want to play fpse it may take some playing with.

Let me know if it works for you.

orrebmas

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

Are you running FullHDMI V1.0 or V1.01?

chris44gw

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I believe in this app and when it works it rocks. Just having some problems with it freezing the phone about 90% of the time. Have a stock rooted rom with sense. Paid loving and supporting the app. Fyi, sony lcd tv.