Are there any roms that help the evo's battery life?

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I want to root and put a good Rom on my evo but I'm trying to figure out which one has the best battery life. Anybody know?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

mhuggins

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Ava Z3 with calkulins kernel tweak is awesome for me. But every phone is different just try a couple of different ones until you find the one best for you.

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm trying it out right now ill let you know tomorrow in the middle of the day if it is good with battery life!

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Well with the Kings Unleashed im at 45% with 8 hours that's with playing games, an hour of music,a good hour on the phone and some Facebook updates here and there oh yeah and text messaging so for me that pretty good :D

Ill post tomorrow if i get some change

Tonay

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Okay so here is my update on Kings UNleashed battery.

Im at 50% with 11hrs 22min

Not alot of texts, no music, 9 minutes on the phone, facebook here and there, Words with friends for a bit, and some internet browsing.

So that got a lot better and im happy with that :D

ProCision

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Nearly all roms will give you better battery. Most roms will adjust your cpu when screen is off. Or you can run a cpu app that will give you more cpu speed as you need it. Some roms you dont need to do that because its built in....

You can run SBC kernals that some people say will give you a lot more battery.

I was running Myn's Warm and could get 18 hours with 25% still left after a good day of usage.

Ran Myn's warm z and got about 8 hours out of it with the same usage.

Running MIUI right now and got 16 hours 6min. with 40% battery left.

Warm Z was RLS1 and is a port from a different phone, only thing I can think that would give me crap battery or I was just on it more then I thought I was.

I feel that I am always on the phone.....

Dark Phoenix

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Most ROM's have a perflock disabler (I know this because set cpu told me that perflock was already disabled) That saves a good amount of battery. Oh, and I have CM 7

snowwy66

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
i've been getting better battery having amon bootloader instead of clockwork mod.

i thought it was a fluke but i've gone back and forth for the past week now. i'm sticking with amon.

Fazulka

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I have tried a bunch of roms hoping for good battery life. That EViO by Calkulin hates my 004 for some reason and was one of the worst in terms of battery life for me. The best ROM that I found without changing the kernal was SPRINTLOVERS on xda. It is a slightly modified version of the stock software, but it just agreed with my phone I guess. I have been using CM7 recently and that gets ok battery life (9-12 hrs). Last night I flash the saveged zen cfs sbc kernal (HERE) on top of CM7 nightly 12, and this is the best battery life I have seen from any ROM on this phone. After 4.5 hours I am at 92%.

taadow1030

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I too have flashed many ROMs and kernels in hopes of finding better battery life. Like others, I found that it still comes down to signal strength, hardware version, etc. Outside of known battery issues associated with certain ROMs or kernels (which are mentioned in the threads), it's really difficult to mimic the results of others.