will i need to do a hard reset?

crgrapid

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
im sellin my evo to a family member, and im getting his samsung intercept in the procces, and im just wondering will i need to reset or unroot my phone when we go to the sprint store to switch phones? another question i have is does anyone know how long this proccess will take?

eldub1

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
You can do is wipe you phone and reformat your old SD card toas delete private data. As far as swaping out, no. You can do that online or even over the phone. If the tech sees that it's rooted, they may red flag it as being rooted and void the warranty. Besides I'm sure you friend would love to have a rooted Evo.

Reactions: crgrapid

crgrapid

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
turns out ima have to unroot it anyways, the dialpad is diffrent and i need the stock one, i was half way thru the process when he told me to press some numbers on the call screen and hit options, it was hard to explain why i couldnt proceed without telling them i had a rooted phone, just told them i was running late

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
turns out ima have to unroot it anyways, the dialpad is diffrent and i need the stock one, i was half way thru the process when he told me to press some numbers on the call screen and hit options, it was hard to explain why i couldnt proceed without telling them i had a rooted phone, just told them i was running late

I would make a nandroid of the current setup and flash either a rooted stock ROM or at least a Sense based ROM like Sprint Lovers or Calkulin's EViO 2 ROM so you can go into the setup. Then you can flash back to CM7 or let your friend decide.

Reactions: crgrapid

crgrapid

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I would make a nandroid of the current setup and flash either a rooted stock ROM or at least a Sense based ROM like Sprint Lovers or Calkulin's EViO 2 ROM so you can go into the setup. Then you can flash back to CM7 or let your friend decide.

lol, didnt even think of just flashing my original root

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa