stuck on boot animation

brian1rr

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I have a evo 4g Im running a stock rom I been rooted for a few months and never had any problems. well to make a long story short my phone doesnt want to start its stuck on the sprint logo animation. i been reading and i made the conclusion of installing a new rom. I decided on cyanogenmod 7 but im having trouble moving the zip file to the micro sdcard because my computer wont reconize the phone when I plug it in. im not sure if i can just plug the micro sdcsrd to my computer and transfer the files that way. plese guys help me and guide me

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Not sure if the booloop is causing the problem or not but you can take the card out and put in an adapter to your computer.

One way that might help with the bootloop is trying to clear you cache and dalvik cache. You will have to do this from your recovery. If you are on clockworkmod dalvik is under advance unless it has been changed. Haven't use that recovery in a long time.

Edit: Now that I got my 2 year old to take a nap I was able to think about it.
By default the phone is set to charge only when hooked to the computer. If you have the bootloop while hooked in then you won't be able to change it to disk drive so the computer can read it. Give the wiping a try first and we will go from there. :)

Last edited: