Best Buy Pre-Order. AKA How to Get a Phone On Launch Day.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Here's the short version:

I'm not in a 4G area. Any guesses at to whether the Evo will roll out nationwide or initially to 4G markets?

If it hits 4G areas first, I'm in between Baltimore and Raleigh. Approx 4hour drive either way.
Looks like you can't do a pre-order on the website.
While at BB buying another phone I asked and was told that pre-orders are handled by each individual store.
Ideas on an easy way to pre-order with-out having to drive just for the pre-order? Picking up the phone is one thing but my wife is already convinced I'm phone mad.

If it's a nationwide roll out my plans are much simpler. But contingency plans are needed.

Scincidae

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I doubt you will be able to pre-order until after their EVO party thing they have planned for early May. After that I suspect you will be able to pre-order nationwide.

Scincidae

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Because even in 4G area the coverage is so small, I really doubt they will shoot themselves in the foot when dealing with the phone that is supposed to save Sprint and make them the first US 4G cell provider with service good enough that you can have 30 days of total refund time. They are working very hard to overhaul their service and why cripple their sales by limiting the EVO?

Ozmodiar

Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
That's an EXCELLENT point Scincidae (and the same one I keep making to my friends).

I've been a Sprint customer for 10+ years, and while I could see them doing something that stupid a few years back, Dan Hesse has been REALLY good for Sprint, and I think he's smarter than that.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.. That make me feel a little better in my plans.
I'm still gonna do the pre-order but I'm gonna camp the same BB I got my Pre.