Evo's design elements

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Since Verizon (or Google) pulled the plug on the Verizon N1 my focus is now on the Evo. Sprint wouldn't be my first choice of network but I do have decent coverage in my area, (no 4G where I live by the way.)

My question is on the design choices HTC made for the Evo. I understand why the Incredible has the red accents, obnoxious over-used red under the battery cover, but why the Evo? I guess we can just be glad they didn't use "Sprint yellow."

I honestly don't mind the subtle red accents but why go crazy with red under the battery cover?

fry8

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I suppose the use of red was meant to resemble a "Ferrari red" symbolizing the "speed" of a Ferrari. Just my guess though.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I understand that the mass production devices will come in silver not in red...i really like black and red btw thats my nissan 350 z color, is aggresive.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
As long as it doesn't come in any color car I've owned :)
Maroon VW Beetle
White Nissan 300zx (great car, just not a fan of super white for a phone)
Gay Powder Blue Trailblazer- even more light than the Prius color

jpdaballa

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I understand that the mass production devices will come in silver not in red...i really like black and red btw thats my nissan 350 z color, is aggresive.

I just sold mine :(, It is definitely one of the best cars in the world... I just wanted a poon magnet so i got a cayman :p

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
I read the ear piece on the production model will actually be silver, never heard anything about the other accents. If it is red it will grow on me.

fr4nk1yn

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping against the red too. I'd have to take a sharpie to the camera bezel.
Won't have to look at all the stuff under the battery much :x

gstill4

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
red is actually my favorite color so i really dont mind it, and im pretty sure what ever the phone is everybody is still going to buy it.

Shadnic

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how you could complain about what's under the battery door. You almost never have to see it, and the fact that it's colored just makes it interesting in my opinion. I love red, so I think that it's fine, but I would have no problem even if they had made it yellow, blue, green, pink, or whatever. It gives you something nice to look at when you take off the battery door :/

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
It's not a big deal to me, just curious as to the color scheme choice. I wonder if it's more of an HTC trend, with the Inc. However red is not their brand either. Who knows.

yazman666

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
Seriously i'd love to see it red but if u check the picture on the official sprint site is silver ...i know it will be silver so lets hope for a special edition thaht comes in red..

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or does it look more orange than red? It kinda looks like it is between Verizon Red and the Yellow/Orange of Palm's Logo.

cesjr02

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Seriously i'd love to see it red but if u check the picture on the official sprint site is silver ...i know it will be silver so lets hope for a special edition thaht comes in red..

The Sprint site shows the ear piece silver but you still have the red accents on the camera bezel and under the kick-stand etc.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or does it look more orange than red? It kinda looks like it is between Verizon Red and the Yellow/Orange of Palm's Logo.

Well, maybe not. Check out the attachment. I did a sampling of each color from pictures on the Web.

Glad I don't do design for a living... :eek:

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Pictures are not always the best representation of color. Depending on the camera, lighting etc.

Yeah, I did notice some variations. The samples I used kinda represent an average. The Verizon and Palm colors are from their Web sites, so they should be fairly close.